Brewer Fanatic

Anderson Skipped in Rotation, Bullpen Start Tomorrow

True Blue Brew Crew

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Craig Counsell says Chase Anderson won’t start tomorrow. Brewers going with a bullpen game. Anderson will be available.

Another quote from Rosiak via Twitter...

Chase Anderson said he's known for a couple days he wouldn't be starting Monday's game in STL. "It's frustrating," he said. "Obviously they think that this is the better way to go at this time."
Not just “at Night” anymore.

"It's frustrating," he said. "Obviously they think that this is the better way to go at this time."

Interesting

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

My plan would be some combo of Cedeno, Guerra, Anderson, Soria, and Woodruff to try to get through 6 with less than 2 runs. Maybe Burnes too.

Flaherty has owned us so far, but two of his last three starts have been pretty bad. Hopefully he is wearing down a bit in his first full season.

So a normal game then. Just a different order or entry.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

My plan would be some combo of Cedeno, Guerra, Anderson, Soria, and Woodruff to try to get through 6 with less than 2 runs. Maybe Burnes too.

Flaherty has owned us so far, but two of his last three starts have been pretty bad. Hopefully he is wearing down a bit in his first full season.

So a normal game then. Just a different order or entry.

Yup. But you get to play matchups every inning. That is what I like about this whole idea.

My guess is Guerra for 2 or 3 then a full fledged inning by inning approach.

I secretly want to see Corbin get his first big league start and see how it goes.

I openly want to see Corbin get the start in one of these games. We don't need him to go 7...just 3-4 innings and I think he's more than capable of going through the lineup once and shutting them down. One of the few confusing decisions by the Brewers this year was to go with Peralta over Burnes...I get it was his spot the first time up, so he didn't have to miss a beat, but Burnes is gonna end up with far fewer innings than last year. He's got TOR stuff and is ready.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I’d have hoped Counsell would have kept the change in the game starter within the team/organization and surprise the Cards with change close to Monday’s game time in hopes of giving them limited time to prep for a different starter.

Anderson can’t be all that surprised in the move, after all he leads the NL in HRs allowed. It’s a stat that he has consistently maintained all season. One could be all but certain that he’d give up at least 1 HR in his very next start.

Archived