2018-09-23: Other MLB Games

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Please use this thread to discuss other MLB games with playoff implications:

Cubs @ White Sox 1:10PM

San Francisco @ St Louis 1:15PM

Colorado @ Arizona 3:10PM

San Diego @ Los Angeles 3:10PM

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Huge games today..... going into St. Louis up 2 or 3 much different than up 1.

Does that make today a "must win?"

No, no it doesn't. Massively overused term.

Exactly the reaction I expected...

There will be a must win game at some point, just can't wait to hear when it actually is.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Exactly the reaction I expected...

There will be a must win game at some point, just can't wait to hear when it actually is.

It is simple math. When losing a game eliminates you it is must win. Losing a game to the Cardinals in this next series stinks, but it doesn't make it must win. If we lose 3 to the Cardinals and then win 3 against Detroit and they win 3 against us and then lose 3 to the Cubs it is absolutely no different than us sweeping the Cardinals and then losing 3 to Destroit and them losing 3 to us and sweeping the Cubs. No individual game is more important than any other, other than direct games against each other which sort of count double.

Archived