Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-22: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Williams) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this is going to be down to the final series to see who going to win the 2 wc spots

No way. We have like a 99.9999999999% chance of making the playoffs.

They should make the playoffs, but the Cards are more on our heels for WC1 than we would like to think. If tonight holds up and no one gains ground tomorrow, we go into St. Louis up 2 on them. Takes nothing more than them winning the series against us in St. Louis to both make it 1 and gain the tiebreaker, and if that happens, the Cubs have absolutely nothing to play for in their 3 game series against the Cardinals to finish the season, needing only to gain 1 game.

I'm content with however this falls. It's baseball. The Red Sox can lose a one game playoff to Baltimore. I'm just not losing sleep over what team and what pitcher it is. We can be shut out by anybody and will have to be on fire to do anything in the playoffs anyway. Glad to be in the tournament, let's bring it on.

This offense is not conductive to a one game playoff. They are just too inconsistent to feel good about any one game situation. Unfortunately that's what it looks like it will be.

This is why it was so disappointing that the Brewers couldn’t take advantage of building on their first half lead. Whenever I mentioned this online I got chastised about why I can’t be happy with where the Brewers were at as they were leading the division for most of the first half. Now we are holding on to the last glimmer of hope that they can somehow win the division. We’ll most likely be headed to the Wild Card game, where it’s a roll of the dice which Brewers offense shows up. I hope it’s the good offense and not the one that gets shut out or only scores one run. When this team is hot they can beat anybody, so they could pull this off and win the entire thing. It’s not likely, but I do believe they could do it. It’d be a shame if they don’t get the chance because their bad offense shows up for the one Wild Card game. I think this team will be good for a few years, but you never know if this will be our best chance.

Why on earth with all the info stats and his own two eyes ever put Jacob Barnes into a situation where he is called on to get a big out?? Where is Junior Guerra who has actually been good lately. How can you trust a manager who has 15 options and still is picking Barnes. I'll never understand it.

Why on earth with all the info stats and his own two eyes ever put Jacob Barnes into a situation where he is called on to get a big out?? Where is Junior Guerra who has actually been good lately. How can you trust a manager who has 15 options and still is picking Barnes. I'll never understand it.

When you score 0 runs, doesn't really matter if Jacob Barnes, Junior Guerra, or Miley Cyrus throws that inning.

We were probably about 5% to win the game at the point Barnes was put in, so doesn't really matter much to me.

If Cain is not in the lineup Santana needs to be starting and Braun needs to be on the bench. The only time Braun should be starting is if the Brewers have clinched and the Cubs have clinched the division.

Right now Braun and Thames shouldn't even been on the roster as they are doing nothing.

Outside of Granderson who in this lineup knows how to work a count?? That is trouble come one game playoff if we get there. Cards are ready for an ambush if Brewers don't show up ready to hit. I was hoping to have them done by this last series. Guess not.

This team offense is so frustrating to watch at times just never know who going to show up. They really need to win tomorrow to just give them some room in the WC race because scared as heck to face the Cards next without a 3 game lead. I have a feeling will have to be rooting for the Cubs in that series vs the Cards.

Braun please retire you suck.

109 wRC+ since the all star game. Braun has not been a problem for the 2nd half of the season.

All of the 109 wRC+ is from the month of August. July he had a wRC+ of 55 and in the month of September he has a wRC+ of 83. August's wRC+ can be mostly explained with his increased babip for that month.

While Braun hasn't been bad for the whole of the 2nd half he is bad right now. He should not be starting a single game going forward he is a bench bat and nothing more right now.

LF or RF needs to be a platoon of Granderson/Santana/Broxton. Braun needs to be on the bench as he is reverting back to his first half performance. August looks to be an outlier and he is closer to what he is doing now than what he did in August.

Archived