Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-21: Brewers (Chacín) at Pirates (Nova) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3 -- Offense explodes in 6th, with 3 HR]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I know there was one year that the Tigers starting 3 all hit over .380, and thought there might be a chance all hit over .400, but wasn't sure. I knew in 1894, the Phillies offense was ridiculous, and Billy Hamilton (the good Billy Hamilton) hit over .400, but I wasn't sure on the other 2, so I was guessing.

I ALSO know in the 1800's, you were allowed to chop a ball foul, but if it hit at least once in fair territory, it was considered a fair ball. I don't know when that rule was changed, and there were a lot of batters that took advantage of this very stupid rule.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It won’t matter what answer Counsell gives. Those that are hell bent on CC being asked the question won’t have their minds changed on the issue. They’ll just repeat that Kratz is a 38 year old no body and the Brewers will just continue to be successful.

So just ignore the sitaution all together, rather than satisfying our curiosity?

It's a simple question, not sure why this bothers you so much.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Not a fan of Hader pitching another inning here. this means he is done for the weekend, rather than being able to pitch another high leverage inning Saturday or Sunday.

I get it but it is only 5 and only the 7th inning. Not like it's a 9 run lead. I see either way and now he's coming out

It won’t matter what answer Counsell gives. Those that are hell bent on CC being asked the question won’t have their minds changed on the issue. They’ll just repeat that Kratz is a 38 year old no body and the Brewers will just continue to be successful.

No, I just am curious, and I don't think that's a fair assumption to make. For example if he said "He's still a little banged up" or "We want to keep him fresh for October" I would find those to be acceptable answers.

Weren't you one that was incredulous as to why Villar suddenly wasn't playing? People have questions about moves that seem contrary to conventional wisdom. No big deal.

The same people who don't care if Counsell gets asked about this are same people who couldn't believe he wasn't asked about the Hader situation. The media job is to ask any and all relevant questions. If the Cubs switch catchers from Contreras to someone else Maddon will be on the SCORE getting grilled. It's just shocking to me that the question has never even been addressed at all.

Can anyone get the catcher who caught 2 perfect games?

Here is another beauty, who is the only player to turn an unassisted triple play in the world series?

Catcher: Jorge Posada? I'm wondering if he caught Cone's and Wells'.

Don't know the unassisted triple play one. I think I remember reading that bit of trivia when I was a kid and I think I know the team, but I won't say anything.

The same people who don't care if Counsell gets asked about this are same people who couldn't believe he wasn't asked about the Hader situation. The media job is to ask any and all relevant questions. If the Cubs switch catchers from Contreras to someone else Maddon will be on the SCORE getting grilled. It's just shocking to me that the question has never even been addressed at all.

When your starter has been injured off and on for 2.5 months you start the backup, what exactly are they supposed to be addressing? When Judge sat out for 2 months they didn't have to address why he wasn't starting.

Well if you remember me at all on here I'm by no means a bash Counsel guy over every little thing. If anything I'm on the exact opposite side. I mean Braun missed 3 games and we find out he has a back issue. This is happening and there is no explanation at all. Like I said earlier, initially I thought some linger issues from the face HBP but that's weeks ago now. IF they come out and say the stats on the pitcher matchups this and that, HBP to Pina's face, we're trying a strategy to get our Cs totally in sync with the P so they're matched up together, so be it. They're the managers, do what you think is best but one would think after this long we'd know something.

You’re definitely the minority, I know that. I just don’t think it’s really that big of a deal. Pina got hurt, they fell into a routine that’s been winning games and they’ve stuck with it. The amount of complaining over our catchers is pretty amazing to me. But oh well, points made.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Just here two people gave possible answer to it. Lingering injuries and/or pitcher preference. I'm behind Counsel and he's not an idiot, he knows Kratz is hitting terribly and still playing him so there is a reason. I just think after 2-3 weeks we'd know what it is

I ALSO know in the 1800's, you were allowed to chop a ball foul, but if it hit at least once in fair territory, it was considered a fair ball. I don't know when that rule was changed, and there were a lot of batters that took advantage of this very stupid rule.

That is where the short stop came from. The player would be positioned a "short" distance from the plate near the 3rd base foul line, which is why they are defensive position 6 after the 3B because they were originally in the correct order going around the horn when the numbers were assigned.

Milwaukee vs Chicago. Might want to get used to it. Quite a bit of a difference in markets.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Can anyone get the catcher who caught 2 perfect games?

Here is another beauty, who is the only player to turn an unassisted triple play in the world series?

Bill Wamsganss.

awesome if not cheating.

Catcher was Ron Hassey, he only went on to play in 9 more games after catching his second perfecto

When your starter has been injured off and on for 2.5 months you start the backup, what exactly are they supposed to be addressing? When Judge sat out for 2 months they didn't have to address why he wasn't starting.

So if Judge came back after that injury and hit well when he played but only played 2 of every 5 or 6 games you didn't think people would ask what's up? Pina came off the DL on July 20, two months ago. He's raised his BA 17 pts since then with sporadic playing time.

So just ignore the sitaution all together, rather than satisfying our curiosity?

It's a simple question, not sure why this bothers you so much.

It doesn’t. Just discussing my thoughts on it. Just happen to be on the opposite side that you’re on.

Archived