Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-19: Reds (Harvey) at Brewers (Gonzalez) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-0]

Eye Black
Is Anderson really talking about how important the runs scored stat is for a player? Good grief.

If you scan the lists of top 10 players in run scored every year they will be populated with players who had very good to great seasons.

I'm sure there are exceptions from time to time but it's hard to score a ton of runs without being a good hitter.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boy has Corey been great since his return........

Who also has been really good lately, also in a very small sample, is Junior Guerra. Is he a reliever, or was he tired and just needed to rest his arm a bit?

I think he was tired as he was pretty good up until the middle of August. Getting essentially almost two weeks off early in September (except for one out against the Cubs) seems to have helped. Maybe he's a swingman, but I'm not giving up on him yet.

I don't know where he fits with all the starters coming back next year, but he was this team's best starter for a pretty good size stretch of this season. It is good to know, though, that if he isn't slotted into the rotation to start the year, he has the stuff to be a potentially dominant multi-inning reliever.

Is Anderson really talking about how important the runs scored stat is for a player? Good grief.

If you scan the lists of top 10 players in run scored every year they will be populated with players who had very good to great seasons.

I'm sure there are exceptions from time to time but it's hard to score a ton of runs without being a good hitter.

Plenty of crappy speedy, slap hitters have scored lots of runs because they hit leadoff for good offenses. BA was talking like it was some sort of important skill a person possesses. It's totally context dependent, even more so than RBI's.

Wow, that's the ultimate "let's got home for the year" lineup.

Watch them beat the Cubs 8-1 tonight now ;)

That line-up does us no favors...yikes.

The DBacks "Who?" lineup hung 4 on Hamels in the 1st. Because baseball ;)

Can someone go over to the cubs board and see if a large contingent are talking about how their season is over and they are collapsing because of a bad inning?

There was a large contingent ready to concede the division to the Brewers after they took 2 of 3 last time around. Cubs Twitter was a train wreck after that series.

Miley looks to be a great teammate......always engaged and enthusiastic.... .seems like we have a lot of those guys.

Everything about the guy has been impressive. I shook my head in wonder when we picked him up, I was wrong...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Miley looks to be a great teammate......always engaged and enthusiastic.... .seems like we have a lot of those guys.

“I'm not looking for the best players, Craig. I'm looking for the right ones.” - Herb Brooks David Stearns

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

One inning in the playoffs, assume neutral lineup. Who do you want on the mound in order of confidence between:

Barnes

Burnes

Soria

Williams

Guerra

Woodruff

Peralta

(Or just top 3 to save time)

Neutral lineup, I go Burnes, Guerra (his splitter allows him to be effective vs. LHH), and either Soria or Woodruff. If it's the Cardinals or Cubs I might put Barnes in there because Barnes has owned the Cardinals this year (7.1 IP, 1 H) and historically has been very good against the Cubs.

Peralta's too inconsistent, and I want to believe in Soria's experience but he has not looked good since coming here.

Didn't he get tossed from the bench right after Counsell got tossed in that BS game a week and a half ago? He certainly stands up for his teammates.

Everything about the guy has been impressive. I shook my head in wonder when we picked him up, I was wrong...

I remember when he was signed. If you were the president of the "What the Heck are they Thinking?" club, I was secretary of state. I, too, was 100% wrong on Miley ... and I have to say, I was so adamant that it was a bad signing, it looks even worse in hindsight. Pretty happy to have no clue in this case.

Always love the fact Joey Meyer owns it when he was wrong, very refreshing I must say. (And don't worry Joey, you had a lot of company on that position.)

LOL, I've been wrong a ton this year. Not necessarily a great look for me, but the Brewers are 21 over and a likely playoff team, so I'm ok with it ;)

Domingo Santana is proving me wrong lately, too, and I couldn't be happier.

Didn't he get tossed from the bench right after Counsell got tossed in that BS game a week and a half ago? He certainly stands up for his teammates.

Yes he did.

It's not that I dislike Augie at all, but Tim Dillard has been really fun this week. With a little polish, he's got a great future in broadcasting. I hope the Brewers find a spot for him if he chooses to hang up the spikes for good. It would be good to get him involved with TV and maybe some radio work, then when Ueck is ready to retire, Dillard would be a ready-made replacement. Former Brewer, funny, self-depreciating, funny stories, and he comes off as a super fun, nice guy. I know some here aren't real keen on his humor, but I think he proved he can play it straight too.

Archived