7. C Tucker Barnhart S 7. C Manny Piña R

8. P Matt Harvey R 8. SS Orlando Arcia R

9. CF Billy Hamilton S 9. P Gio Gonzalez L[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A win tonight would feel good after a big letdown offensively last night. Losing two series in a row to the bottom half of the division wouldn't feel good especially if the Cardinals are getting hot. It would be nice to be able to have the luxury of setting our bullpen for the wild card game.

I start to think, it's the Reds. They can win the next one and everyone can lose the next one and all will be well. Then I come in here and am reminded of the pitching matchup and everything is shattered.
but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Sorry to say it, but the division is out of reach now. Barring a total Brewers-esque collapse, we'll be in the Wild Card game with a very good chance to host it. I hope Craig manages the rest of the way to keep everyone fresh going into that game. I'd rather enter the "postseason" with everyone at 100% than burn out the bullpen or play Cain, Yelich, and the rest of the starters every day trying to catch the Cubs.

Sorry to say it, but the division is out of reach now. Barring a total Brewers-esque collapse, we'll be in the Wild Card game with a very good chance to host it. I hope Craig manages the rest of the way to keep everyone fresh going into that game. I'd rather enter the "postseason" with everyone at 100% than burn out the bullpen or play Cain, Yelich, and the rest of the starters every day trying to catch the Cubs.

I'd go through the weekend before saying the division is out of reach. If the Brewers could go into the final Detroit series within 3 games, there is very much a possibility that the Cardinals will need to beat the Cubs in their series to secure the #2 Wild Card. There is still a path, but it's getting narrower every day.

Agree about the division. It's just going to be tough. Not impossible, but the Crew probably has to go something like 8-2 to catch the Cubs.

I imagine Cain gets the day off tonight. I would go with an OF of Grandy, Yelich, and Santana but can see Braun getting a start too.

My lineup guess:

Grandy

Yelich

Aguilar

Moose

Santana

Schoop

Kratz

Arcia

Gio

Play Braun already. This is supposed to be the time he is still on the team for. It is put up or shut up time for him as well. His body should be well rested to give us a burst into the playoffs.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I hope cc manages to win games that are winnable until we clinch a wild card spot.

Hopefully we can get an early lead tonight......those have been rare of late..... so we can use Hader, Corey and JJ with an off day tomorrow.

Yeah hopefully we can create some breathing room between us and the Cards before Monday. That series worries me. Cardinals play the Giants at home this weekend so they'll probably take at least 2 of 3. Brewers just need to find a way to beat the darn Pirates. Oh, and winning tonight's game would help too.

Lineup out. Biggest disappointment in my opinion is no Braun, considering Cain is also out. That surprises me. I feel like he needs to get more at bats to get going, unless of course he's nursing an injury.

Just like last season, after the year we'll probably hear about some injury that led to him slowing down the last couple weeks after being so good for 6ish weeks before. Rinse/repeat. If they can get the #1 WC while getting him and Jesus rebooted for the playoffs that would be great. At least this year they have the depth/luxury of him not playing through it (assuming an injury is the case), unlike last year where he forced it and did poorly.

Lineup out. Biggest disappointment in my opinion is no Braun, considering Cain is also out. That surprises me. I feel like he needs to get more at bats to get going, unless of course he's nursing an injury.

Just like last season, after the year we'll probably hear about some injury that led to him slowing down the last couple weeks after being so good for 6ish weeks before. Rinse/repeat. If they can get the #1 WC while getting him and Jesus rebooted for the playoffs that would be great. At least this year they have the depth/luxury of him not playing through it (assuming an injury is the case), unlike last year where he forced it and did poorly.

Fair point. The beat writers seem like they are going to try to get an answer on Braun. I agree it's very nice that we have the depth. If either are still struggling, we can roll Yelich, Grandy, Santana, even Perez/Broxton out there for 1 or 2 more games...and can put Thames in at 1b. I personally think Thames just doesn't care right now. His AB yesterday was just trash. I think he knows he isn't making the post season roster and is coasting to the offseason.

I am fine getting Santana a start in RF; he has earned it and it is becoming apparent he will be on the postseason roster. Get him as many AB's as realistically possible.

I wouldn't say apparent, but definitely moving in that direction. Anything can happen over the next week. For non-WC series, I view basically one position player spot up for grabs between him, Thames, Broxton.

Archived