Brewer Fanatic

Brewers announce new AAA Affiliate - San Antonio Missions

liveforoctober
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we going to be in a new stadium after 2020

New to us or brand spanking new?

If the City of San Antonio decides to build a stadium, the Texas Rangers will just poach our spot anyways and it would be back to the musical chairs.

The Rangers are locked into Nashville through 2022.

Back to Madison as a AAA. Could the new Madison AAA team play a few spring series in Miller Park when the Brewers are on a road trip? You would think being the big leagues little brother would get 10000 to 15000 into the house. It may also do some positive psychological building of the Brewers perception with the visiting players. Like "Man, they really treat their prospects well, the **** don't do this for us". Just a thought.

Back to Madison as a AAA. Could the new Madison AAA team play a few spring series in Miller Park when the Brewers are on a road trip? You would think being the big leagues little brother would get 10000 to 15000 into the house. It may also do some positive psychological building of the Brewers perception with the visiting players. Like "Man, they really treat their prospects well, the **** don't do this for us". Just a thought.

Interesting idea. The Trats have played some games at Miller Park in the past. When they played the Snappers in 2015, attendance wasn't even 5,000. Maybe you get more for a AAA game.

I don't think a AAA game at Miller Park would draw that many people (10-15k).

Think it would be more likely to draw 6-8K. That said, how does a small crowd look in Miller Park vs a place designed for smaller crowds?

Additionally, what would concessions & parking be like? Do all the normal workers come out to deal with a game that is bringing in MAYBE 50% of a normal crowd??

I could see the AAA team coming in for an exhibition vs the parent club OR relocating for some games that must get played when its own facility can't meet the need (weather or other facility issue) but that is it.

I believe when this has been discussed in the past it was pointed out that Madison would need to build a new stadium since the Mallards one isn't big enough. I know they did some renovations to their park but I still doubt they increased the capacity much. The thought was to build the park more in the Verona through McFarland areas so you're around a wealthier area and more centralized, plus there is open space. So basically it would take a significant financial investment from someone to make this happen. I'd be all for it of course but I strongly doubt it's really even being looked into.

I think we going to be in a new stadium after 2020

New to us or brand spanking new?

If the City of San Antonio decides to build a stadium, the Texas Rangers will just poach our spot anyways and it would be back to the musical chairs.

The Rangers are locked into Nashville through 2022.

I can see San Antonio if a new stadium is built or Witchia IMO

thanks Joey for the Clarification on Nashville

that..is without question, the greatest nickname in all of sports...idk how you can say "Stuck With"

We will agree to disagree. Madison is funding the team and gets overshadowed by Huntsville with the first half of the name which is just frustrating. Having a 4 word name is just too long and unwieldy in general. Since most of the country doesn't know what a trash panda is all they really see is the word trash. When you look at that name what stands out most to a lot of people I have talked to is just City Trash.

Archived