Brewer Fanatic

Brewers announce new AAA Affiliate - San Antonio Missions

liveforoctober

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice! is this a more "neutral" park for the PCL?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Colorado Springs: 6,035'

San Antonio: 650'

Milwaukee: 617'

Yes, yes it is.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

More neutral (still in PCL though I think, so hitters league). But a subpar stadium in pretty much every way is my understanding. San Antonio city adminstration not really wanting to kick in money for new stadium, like the CS owners were hoping for.

So overall, at least a move in the right direction.

Got to be better than Co Springs. Guess it's good that Stearns managed a good working relationship with the ownership group despite knowing we were the reluctant party to be able to keep this in play. There will be 20-22 AAA affiliate contracts expiring in 2020 (eliminating ownership stakes), so it'll be as ideal a time as it gets to find a long term partner.

And to echo others, the best thing the ownership group can do for us is change the name. Missions, really?

More neutral (still in PCL though I think, so hitters league). But a subpar stadium in pretty much every way is my understanding. San Antonio city adminstration not really wanting to kick in money for new stadium, like the CS owners were hoping for.

So overall, at least a move in the right direction.

After dealing with CS, maybe the Brewers are working on buying some ownership in the team and/or helping to pay for a new stadium? They have tremendous stability in A/A+ now, and actually pretty well set in AA as well. If they could work out something long term in AAA, that would be perfect.

So it's not a new AAA Affiliate, the AAA affiliate in CS is moving to San Antonio and the AA team in San Antonio is moving to Amarillo, but leaving the name of "Missions" in San Antonio... ok... Well at least it is out of Colorado Springs, but my pick would have been Alamoniacs...

I hope they allow us here at brewerfan.net to pick the teams mascot.

I hereby nominate a picture of Tim Dillard dressed like a priest.

They already have a perfectly fine mascot in the Ballapeño

Ballapeno-May-13-vs.-Frisco-RG-1100x733.jpg

UGGGHHHH!

That is not cool.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I kind of thought you were kidding with that mascot picture, but it's legit.

Oh man, that is just awful.

Name change please. At the very least, mascot change.

I kind of thought you were kidding with that mascot picture, but it's legit.

Oh man, that is just awful.

Name change please. At the very least, mascot change.

As long as they graduate talent to the Brewers over the next couple years and improve their facilities, they can call themselves the San Antonio Banderases and have Zorro as a mascot for all I care.

Before we get too excited this two year agreement will be in the old ballpark. We have to hope the partnership lasts much longer to reap the benefits of the new stadium they want to build.

Even if we don't get the benefits of the new stadium as a previous poster mentioned the 'free agent market' for AAA teams is right when this 2 year deal is up ...so my take is:

1) Get out of CS

2) Upgrade nicely in 2020.

This does the first and sets us up to the 2nd in the near future.

The mascot is awesome, they should invite him to run in the sausage race on opening day.

I will not be happy until we have a minor league affiliate in Madison. I think they would get a lot of support, I don't care if there isn't a team right now or the city is too small or whatever.

The mascot is awesome, they should invite him to run in the sausage race on opening day.

I will not be happy until we have a minor league affiliate in Madison. I think they would get a lot of support, I don't care if there isn't a team right now or the city is too small or whatever.

Is the fact that the Mallards play there a deterrent for the city? Do they think they could support two baseball teams?

If given the choice, I would think the Mallards would die if we brought an actual Brewers minor league team to Madison.

I'm with you though, Madison would be a great spot for a team, and they could literally shuttle players back and forth if needed. That's why having the T-Rats is so great for the organization. Players drive up the road for re-hab starts, and t-rats fans get to enjoy seeing actual Brewers players in their back yard.

Archived