Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-18: Reds (Lorenzen) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-1]

Eye Black
Terrible game against a team out of the race at home unreal when the Reds get swept by the cubbies .Like i said the reason we are fighting for a wild card is the inability to beat the Reds and Pirates

Shows the difference between division winners and those hoping for a Wild card spot.

Oh come on you can't really mean this. The Cubs have had awful series against bad teams at times too. This is just how baseball works, stop trying to read so much into this nonsense. If you want to point to any single reason the Brewers aren't in the division lead it is the bad stretch right before the all star break where the team played a million games in a row and lost like 7 out of 8, but the Cubs had an awful stretch just like that too. Baseball isn't a granular game like that, it is a marathon, every team goes through those mini bad stretches. Every team loses to teams they should beat etc.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Terrible game against a team out of the race at home unreal when the Reds get swept by the cubbies .Like i said the reason we are fighting for a wild card is the inability to beat the Reds and Pirates

Shows the difference between division winners and those hoping for a Wild card spot.

Oh come on you can't really mean this. The Cubs have had awful series against bad teams at times too. This is just how baseball works, stop trying to read so much into this nonsense. If you want to point to any single reason the Brewers aren't in the division lead it is the bad stretch right before the all star break where the team played a million games in a row and lost like 7 out of 8, but the Cubs had an awful stretch just like that too. Baseball isn't a granular game like that, it is a marathon, every team goes through those mini bad stretches. Every team loses to teams they should beat etc.

Yes, I do mean it. When push comes to shove (right now), look what the Cubs are doing vs. the Brewers are doing. Of course all teams go through highs and lows over the course of a season, but it's crunch time now where you need to show what you are made of. The Cubs are winning and the Brewers aren't. If these games don't differentiate the winners and and losers, what games do?

"Yes, I do mean it. When push comes to shove (right now), look what the Cubs are doing vs. the Brewers are doing. Of course all teams go through highs and lows over the course of a season, but it's crunch time now where you need to show what you are made of. The Cubs are winning and the Brewers aren't. If these games don't differentiate the winners and and losers, what games do?"

The Brewers have the 2nd best record in the NL. Unfortunately the one team that is better happens to be in our division.......

Brewers record in the last 10 games is 6-4.....that is as good or better then the other contenders.

They've had a tough last 4 games.....it happens to everyone.

Yes, I do mean it. When push comes to shove (right now), look what the Cubs are doing vs. the Brewers are doing. Of course all teams go through highs and lows over the course of a season, but it's crunch time now where you need to show what you are made of. The Cubs are winning and the Brewers aren't. If these games don't differentiate the winners and and losers, what games do?

You mean 5-5 vs 6-4 over their last ten? The Cubs are 5-5, by the way.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The dangerous part of not at least hanging with Chicago is that they're looking more and more likely to enter the last series of the season against St. Louis with absolutely nothing to play for.

Expect them to rest almost every significant player for multiple if not every game in the series. Bullpen will be guys who most likely won't be on the playoff roster. It's highly likely to be a Cardinal series win if not sweep.

Even if we can't win the division, we really need to stay close enough to force them to earn it or we may slip behind St. Louis.

You mean 5-5 vs 6-4 over their last ten? The Cubs are 5-5, by the way.

Nope, what I’m referring to is since the Brewers were 1 game back of the Cubs on 9/12, the Cubs have gone 5-1 (well, they likely will based on the current score today), while the Brewers have gone 2-3. All of these games are against teams that are out of the race. The team that will win the division took care of business in these games. The other came out flat. That’s all it takes this time of year.

The dangerous part of not at least hanging with Chicago is that they're looking more and more likely to enter the last series of the season against St. Louis with absolutely nothing to play for.

Expect them to rest almost every significant player for multiple if not every game in the series. Bullpen will be guys who most likely won't be on the playoff roster. It's highly likely to be a Cardinal series win if not sweep.

Even if we can't win the division, we really need to stay close enough to force them to earn it or we may slip behind St. Louis.

I agree that some key players may not play the entirety of all three games, but they’ll still have three days off before the LDS starts. I think they’d probably want to get their guys some work in during that series — maybe they’ll blow off the Sunday game, but I’m hoping that game will be irrelevant for the Brewers too

The Cubs are winning and the Brewers aren't. If these games don't differentiate the winners and and losers, what games do?

All 162 of them? Including, specifically, the 150+ that everyone has already played and that the Brewers have won more of than any other team in the NL except the Cubs?

If Cain needs a day tomorrow, they better shift Yelich to CF and give either Santana or Braun a start with Granderson. Broxton can play CF in the 8th. He should be nowhere near the starting lineup. I have a feeling he will be, though, and probably batting 1st or 3rd, because CF.

*sigh*

this is probably accurate.

*double sigh*

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The Cubs are winning and the Brewers aren't. If these games don't differentiate the winners and and losers, what games do?

All 162 of them? Including, specifically, the 150+ that everyone has already played and that the Brewers have won more of than any other team in the NL except the Cubs?

Obviously they all count, but all the games up to this point are done and you can’t so anything about them. Starting 9/12, when the Brewers had a great opportunity to take the lead, they laid an egg while the Cubs didn’t. That is all, and this will most likely result in the Cubs winning the division (barring an epic collapse by the Cubs, which I don’t see happening). Not sure why I’m wrong by saying this.

Obviously they all count, but all the games up to this point are done and you can’t so anything about them. Starting 9/12, when the Brewers had a great opportunity to take the lead, they laid an egg while the Cubs didn’t. That is all, and this will most likely result in the Cubs winning the division (barring an epic collapse by the Cubs, which I don’t see happening). Not sure why I’m wrong by saying this.

You aren't wrong at all. This team picked quite possibly the worst time they possibly could to go into yet another offensive tailspin. After Monday's optimistic offensive showing, following it up with yesterday's absolute clunker is almost inexcusable. I mean, even the most optimistic Brewer fan couldn't have been happy with how they performed yesterday in a huge game.

How many times did the brewers pick the best possible time to get hot this year, including when they won 7 series in a row after falling a few games out of the wild card race completely? Acting like this stretch reveals any more about the team than the rest of the year just reeks of recency bias and an overdeveloped urge to complain. Everyone wishes they had won last night, but there's nothing wrong with them except the fact that they're playing professional baseball, where things like this happen all the time.

How many times did the brewers pick the best possible time to get hot this year, including when they won 7 series in a row after falling a few games out of the wild card race completely? Acting like this stretch reveals any more about the team than the rest of the year just reeks of recency bias and an overdeveloped urge to complain. Everyone wishes they had won last night, but there's nothing wrong with them except the fact that they're playing professional baseball, where things like this happen all the time.

LOL, I've been one of this team's biggest supporters all year, and have gotten into countless snippy arguments with the more pessimistic (or realistic) portion of this board's membership.

Yes, things like this do happen all the time. And they happen to the Brewers seemingly often. Recency bias and and overdeveloped urge to complain? Did you honestly just start cheering for this team or something? This is pretty much par for the course for the Brewers.

Archived