Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-18: Reds (Lorenzen) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewers can thank both the reds and pirates as the main reason we didn't win the division

Didn't the Brewers open the season by winning the first 7 or 8 games head to head against the Reds? c'mon...

To me it's the 5 game sweep at the hands of the Pirates right before the AS break, when the Brewers should have won at least 2 of those games. That and that fluky early season 4 game sweep at Wrigley where all the games finished like 1-0 or 3-1 due to the wind/weather dramatically impacting offense. That's why they likely won't win the division.

Wow ... totally uninspired performance on offense tonight. This team is without a doubt the most frustrating to watch since I've become a fan of this team. So often they show up at the park and just seem to mail it in. I know every team has off games, but the pitchers they faced tonight are utter crap. Tough to find excuses for this showing.

Reds closer couldn’t of put it on a T better for Yelich and Perez multiple times. Sometimes it’s just not your night.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Reds closer couldn’t of put it on a T better for Yelich and Perez multiple times. Sometimes it’s just not your night.

You're right. Take the rubber match tomorrow, and they are still in solid shape. I would say that tomorrow's game is 100% a must-win, though. No more messing around.

Terrible game against a team out of the race at home unreal when the Reds get swept by the cubbies .Like i said the reason we are fighting for a wild card is the inability to beat the Reds and Pirates

Shows the difference between division winners and those hoping for a Wild card spot.

Does anyone know what to expect from this team night to night? It is not a foregone conclusion this team makes it still. Especially if Cain has to sit for a few. I assume he out tomorrow with off day Thursday.

It's not a foregone conclusion.....only a 97% chance

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-mlb-predictions/

Archived