2018-09-17: Other MLB Games

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Please use this thread to discuss other games with playoff implications:

St. Louis @ Atlanta 6:35PM

Chicago @ Arizona 8:40PM

Cincinnati @ Chicago 1:20PM

Colorado @ Los Angeles 9:10PM

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

- St. Louis @ Atlanta - A toss-up series. If the Braves sweep, the Cardinals could be pretty much done. If the Cardinals sweep, they are right back in the thick of the Wild Card chase. The only good thing for the Brewers in that scenario is it damages the Braves overall record, which could come into play with playoff seeding should the Brewers overtake the Cubs for the division. I think I'm pulling for the Braves, though. I just want to see the Cardinals go away.

- Chicago @ Arizona - This one is pretty obvious. Go DBacks! Arizona is still mathematically alive, and the Cubs are scuffling, so this series could go either way.

- Colorado @ LA - It is good for the Brewers for these teams to beat on each other. A sweep either way, though, could give a big advantage to one of these teams, while leave the other scuffling in the Wild Card hunt. I guess I'm pulling for the Dodgers, as I'd rather see the Rockies in a Wild Card game as a Brewer fan.

The MLB schedule makers couldn't have done a better job with having potential playoff teams square off against each other in these last couple weeks. The Cubs, for instance, have a really rough schedule to end the year, with Arizona, the rivalry series with the White Sox, a 4-gamer against the plucky Pirates, and a three-gamer against the Cardinals, when the Cards may need to win all 3 to get in. I love it!

I actually think the Diamondbacks have a real good chance at winning the series against the Cubs. They are desperate now and should be highly motivated to win with the Dodgers and Rockies series after this. It is nice that the Dodgers and Rockies are playing each other as it lessens the chances that the Cardinals/Dodgers/Rockies can all catch the Brewers.

I actually think the Diamondbacks have a real good chance at winning the series against the Cubs. They are desperate now and should be highly motivated to win with the Dodgers and Rockies series after this. It is nice that the Dodgers and Rockies are playing each other as it lessens the chances that the Cardinals/Dodgers/Rockies can all catch the Brewers.

Agree on all. I like the dbacks lineup, though I'll add historically Cubs hitters have had more success against Corbin than dbacks hitters against Hendricks. Dbacks hitters have generally not had a ton of success against any of the 3 cubs pitchers. They'll have to find a way into that bullpen early and often.

[sarcasm]im surprised cubs and reds fans arent complaining that their teams have to play a 1pm game then head to different cities for a night game.[/sarcasm]
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Atlanta has pulled to within two of the Cards.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

And Bader hits a dinger.....ballgame. The Atlanta bullpen is really crappy. Foltynewicz didn't pitch great tonight but he's been amazing and only has 11 wins to show for it.

Archived