Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-17: Reds (DeSclafani) at Brewers (Miley) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-0 -- Christian Yelich Hits for the Cycle, Again!]

Eye Black
Yeli not the most well spoken guy on the team... lol

He sounds like his age.

MVP!

Hard to criticize him for this when the most famous player on the franchise is Yount who could barely get a legible sentence out at any point in his career.

That is a very wrong and totally BS Post

Why? Yount is probably in the bottom 10% of intelligent sounding players since I started following baseball back in the late 70s. It doesn't mean he isn't intelligent it is just how he comes off in interviews. It surprises me that anyone would disagree with that. Yelich's interviews are way more advanced than Yount's were.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yelich is comfortably leading the NL in fWAR right now. That doesn't always translate into MVP votes, but given the increasing focus on advance stats and the fact that he is also leading a playoff team (and his value doesn't come from defensive metrics like Cain), <10% seems very pessimistic if things hold steady.

Depends on how you look at it. The fact he isn’t getting much consideration recently makes it pretty hard to turn the tides in 10 games. Though a flashy game like tonight can help. I just haven’t seen much if an true #1 consideration. Likely he gobbles up a ton of #2-#5 votes.

I think someone like Baez will garner the majority of the first place votes to win it.

NOT THAT I DONT WANT YELICH TO WIN IT! I just don’t see in a highly competitive MVP race a small market guy winning it. I think it is better to start hot and then be really good vs. be really good and then get hot. People have been talking about Baez and other for months. We are just starting to see Yelich love. Hard to fill the bandwagon at the end...easier to keep them on.

I don't think small market comes into play. Braun won over Kemp their numbers were very similar.

That line is probably Arcia's upside and has been since before he was called up. He has never looked like a major league quality bat if it didn't come with great defense.

How can that be his upside if he already had a better season than that last year?

His only season better than that was .277/.324/.407 and it came with a BABIP 17 points over his career norm and it largely came from one huge month. The other dozen or so months of his career showed a much weaker upside.

How can Arcia’s upside already be reached when he’s like 15 years old?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

That line is probably Arcia's upside and has been since before he was called up. He has never looked like a major league quality bat if it didn't come with great defense.

How can that be his upside if he already had a better season than that last year?

His only season better than that was .277/.324/.407 and it came with a BABIP 17 points over his career norm and it largely came from one huge month. The other dozen or so months of his career showed a much weaker upside.

Arcia had an OPS over .700 in every month of 2017 except one. He OPS'd .848 in June, .759 in August, and .749 in Sept/Oct. The only month he OPS'd under .700 was May. So saying that it was largely driven by one big month is not true at all. His homeruns were spread out pretty evenly over the entire season. The month of June he had a nice spike in batting average, and a few extra doubles.

Yeli not the most well spoken guy on the team... lol

He sounds like his age.

MVP!

Granted, she asked him some .... kinda lame questions. "How does it feel to hit for the cycle???!!???"

She usually does. :laughing

I do have a feeling unless we win the division Yeli isn't going to win the MVP. It is just a gut feeling...

Archived