Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-16: Pirates (Williams) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-2]

Eye Black

HE9BK5B.jpg

HE9C0uL.jpg

[pre]Pirates Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. 2B Adam Frazier (L) 1. CF Lorenzo Cain ®

2. CF Starling Marte ® 2. RF Christian Yelich (L)

3. 1B Josh Bell (S) 3. 1B Jesús Aguilar ®

4. RF Jordan Luplow ® 4. 2B Travis Shaw (L)

5. LF Corey Dickerson (L) 5. LF Ryan Braun ®

6. 3B Colin Moran (L) 6. 3B Mike Moustakas (L)

7. SS Kevin Newman ® 7. C Erik Kratz ®

8. C Jacob Stallings ® 8. SS Orlando Arcia ®

9. P Trevor Williams ® 9. P Jhoulys Chacín ®[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would think we'd be getting Pina at least half of the at bats to keep him game ready for the playoffs. This makes zero sense unless there is a nagging injury that no one knows about.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

This team needs to stop the mediocrity against the Pirates. What is it about this team that they play so bad against them! If it weren't for the Pirates this team would be first in the division and not having us wonder if they will make the playoffs. Beat the Bucs today please!

If you check back through the recent lineups it looks like Kratz is catching Jhoulys, Miley & Davies with Piña getting Gio & Chase.

For whatever it is or isn't worth Chacin has a 3.24 ERA in 17 starts with Kratz behind the dish compared to a 4.39 ERA in 12 starts with Piña back there.

I think Counsell needs to just set a lineup of

Cain, Yelich, Aguliar, Shaw, Braun, Moose, Schoop, Pina

Then switch out Pina and Kratz every 3 games or so. Arcia comes in 7th or later for defense. Go offense at first because Schoop and Shaw havent been a disaster up the middle..

Against lefties I can see swapping out Shaw for Perez or Schoop . But no more screwing around against righties.

If you check back through the recent lineups it looks like Kratz is catching Jhoulys, Miley & Davies with Piña getting Gio & Chase.

For whatever it is or isn't worth Chacin has a 3.24 ERA in 17 starts with Kratz behind the dish compared to a 4.39 ERA in 12 starts with Piña back there.

Good catch sveumrules!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Kratz is hitting like a 39 year old guy who is out of gas.

Maybe five more posts about Kratz will get CC to change his mind.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Sorry, I just thought the repetitive posts were supposed to be a thing of the past around here.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Let’s focus on the issue at hand, dropping a series at home to the pirates because we can’t hit at all once again. I really think we could have the most talented lineup in baseball and Not score against crap teams
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Sorry, I just thought the repetitive posts were supposed to be a thing of the past around here.

It’s not your responsibility to moderate the board. If you don’t like what another poster says, but don’t have a thoughtful counterpoint, then just move on.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Let’s focus on the issue at hand, dropping a series at home to the pirates because we can’t hit at all once again. I really think we could have the most talented lineup in baseball and Not score against crap teams

I heard that you gotta score more than 0 to win.

Maybe we need to sacrifice a live chicken?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Kratz is hitting like a 39 year old guy who is out of gas.

Maybe five more posts about Kratz will get CC to change his mind.

I dont know about it effecting CC, but i think kratz heard :laughing

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

It’s not your responsibility to moderate the board. If you don’t like what another poster says, but don’t have a thoughtful counterpoint, then just move on.

Thank you. Appreciate this take.

Archived