Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Team MVP, Cy Young and MIP

jjfanec

This Yelich guy is a pretty solid player.... think I will go out on limb and give him MVP.

Most IMPROVED Player Honestly, out of guys who were here last year. No one has really improved game or play. A lot of regression by some. I would have to go with Jeffress. He’s had great season & filled in as closer well.

Most IMPORTANT Play: LoCain just from leadership, defensive, on bases, attitude, and outstanding season with the bat.... he is most irreplaceable to me. Love Yelich & he has carried team with bat but as talented as he is, he’s not on yet on Cain’s overall level.

CY Young: Josh Hader.... no write up needed

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

In all other awards settings, MIP = Most IMPROVED Player.

There are 2 ways to take that.

Most improved from the 1st half to the end of the season, or most improved from last season to this one.

I have never in my life heard MIP referring to improvement from one half a season to another. It's always from the previous season(s).

In all other awards settings, MIP = Most IMPROVED Player.

There are 2 ways to take that.

Most improved from the 1st half to the end of the season, or most improved from last season to this one.

I have never in my life heard MIP referring to improvement from one half a season to another. It's always from the previous season(s).

and I have never heard of MIP meaning most IMPORTANT player. Seems redundant to most VALUABLE player.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Man there is a lot of debate for my word choice here. Guess I could have worded them differently. My main point is that the overall best best isn't the always the guy the team absolutely had to have. Could be because they were incredibly thin at another spot. Probably should have done it with different wording. Who is the MVP, who is the cy young, who is the one guy this team couldn't have done without. That last might be what most valuable used to mean but it sure isn't today. For a team that has a terrible bullpen a star reliever could be the guy they just could not do.without. our if they have injuries up and down the rotation than a starter who pitches well and racks up a bunch of innings could be that guy. You can disagree. You can make mip most improved. I don't care. This is just for fun

Man there is a lot of debate for my word choice here. Guess I could have worded them differently. My main point is that the overall best best isn't the always the guy the team absolutely had to have. Could be because they were incredibly thin at another spot. Probably should have done it with different wording. Who is the MVP, who is the cy young, who is the one guy this team couldn't have done without. That last might be what most valuable used to mean but it sure isn't today. For a team that has a terrible bullpen a star reliever could be the guy they just could not do.without. our if they have injuries up and down the rotation than a starter who pitches well and racks up a bunch of innings could be that guy. You can disagree. You can make mip most improved. I don't care. This is just for fun

[sarcasm]This is where you are wrong. If we don't settle this issue, who will? And then what?... and then what?[/sarcasm]

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

[sarcasm]This is where you are wrong. If we don't settle this issue, who will? And then what?... and then what?[/sarcasm]

How could I be so foolish? I really should spent more time thinking through that first post!

Archived