Brewer Fanatic

Anybody else see this about Tom Hallion?

PinaMadness

Two wrongd don’t make a right and Hallion is really making himself look bad these days. Looks terrible when you seem to have a beef with a player and might come off as bias against him. I’d assume this was to make sure he touched home and didn’t “trick” him like Frazier did to an umpire with the ball trick.

I didn’t hear about his little ball trick until this happened. What a pathetic baseball player honestly. To fall into the stands and pick up a rubber baseball is sad. Good way to ruin the game and ruin umpires trust when a player goes to make a great catch in the seats. Crud like that is going to make umpires call off any catch if the glove disappears even for a second.

Looked like Hallion just wanted to be part of the jackpot. He really comes off as quite the turd though.

Not sure how anyone, other than fans of the other team, could have a problem with Frazier's "catch". When players dive into the stands like that we rarely have any idea if they actually held on to make the catch. Like many players before him, I'm sure Todd just felt for the ball and came out looking like he made the catch. He just never assumed the ball he grabbed wouldn't be the right one because, what are the chances that there would be another ball right where he went in to the stands?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hallion is ump-show personified. His strike three call is a joke.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I’d assume this was to make sure he touched home and didn’t “trick” him like Frazier did to an umpire with the ball trick.

Except he was literally standing on the plate.

I predict nothing will come of this.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I didn’t hear about his little ball trick until this happened. What a pathetic baseball player honestly. To fall into the stands and pick up a rubber baseball is sad. Good way to ruin the game and ruin umpires trust when a player goes to make a great catch in the seats. Crud like that is going to make umpires call off any catch if the glove disappears even for a second.

eRos7lk.gif

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

https://deadspin.com/sensitive-umpire-laz-diaz-turns-baseball-game-into-exte-1829082520

Laz Diaz did his sound best to pick a fight with Bryce Harper last night and make a baseball game between the Nats and Braves be all about Laz Diaz. These video clips are downright bizarre. At one point, Diaz stops play and goes out from behind the plate to yell at Harper clear out in centerfield.

I’d assume this was to make sure he touched home and didn’t “trick” him like Frazier did to an umpire with the ball trick.

Except he was literally standing on the plate.

I predict nothing will come of this.

Right, he was trying to show up Frazier or make some statement for umpires.

eRos7lk.gif

Sorry if you don’t like my opinion.

https://deadspin.com/sensitive-umpire-laz-diaz-turns-baseball-game-into-exte-1829082520

Laz Diaz did his sound best to pick a fight with Bryce Harper last night and make a baseball game between the Nats and Braves be all about Laz Diaz. These video clips are downright bizarre. At one point, Diaz stops play and goes out from behind the plate to yell at Harper clear out in centerfield.

How embarrassing. If Diaz receives no punishment (which I doubt he will), it's a joke. If you feel a player is showing you up, toss him. Don't stop the game to yell at him from 200 feet away and then yell at his manager to "go talk to him", and then stare him down and yell at him on his way back to the dugout, and then call a petty strike a foot off the plate. Major props to Harper and Dave Martinez for not loosing it. They had every right to.

How about Molina knocks out both these guys, and it solves everyone’s problems? I guess Soto on the nats could also join so we don’t have to see his antics again either.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

As long as umpires have a union, you will see more and more of this behavior and it will turn more and more malicious.

[sarcasm]Yes, death to unions.[/sarcasm]

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

As long as umpires have a union, you will see more and more of this behavior and it will turn more and more malicious.

The players have a union and they get suspended for doing stupid stuff all the time. I don't know why having a union matters at all unless their contract explicitly states that MLB can't punish umpires for anything. I would never be in favor of suspending or punishing umpires for missing calls, besides a demotion to the minors with the opportunity to work their way back, but how MLB can just sit on their hands when you have umps acting like total unprofessional idiots boggles my mind.

Archived