Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-15: Pirates (Nova) at Brewers (Davies) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-1]

Eye Black

HDZsHte.jpg

HDZtc7y.jpg

[pre]Pirates Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. 2B Adam Frazier (L) 1. RF Curtis Granderson (L)

2. CF Starling Marte ® 2. LF Christian Yelich (L)

3. 1B Josh Bell (S) 3. CF Lorenzo Cain ®

4. C Francisco Cervelli ® 4. 2B Travis Shaw (L)

5. LF Corey Dickerson (L) 5. 1B Jesús Aguilar ®

6. RF Jordan Luplow ® 6. 3B Mike Moustakas (L)

7. 3B Colin Moran (L) 7. C. Erik Kratz ®

8. SS Kevin Newman ® 8. SS Orlando Arcia ®

9. P Iván Nova ® 9. P Zach Davies ®[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Ten years ago today the Brewers parted ways with Ned Yost"

Something tells me we will never know the full story of what happened. My gut tells me it was more than a "baseball only" move.

Something other than him being comically inept at the time? Granted that's hard to remember after his years of relative success in KC.

"Ten years ago today the Brewers parted ways with Ned Yost"

Something tells me we will never know the full story of what happened. My gut tells me it was more than a "baseball only" move.

They hadn't made the playoffs in 26 years and felt it slipping away as they were in a big September rut and wanted to make a desperation move to try to spark the team. I think it was pretty fully baseball related.

Hey, CC is above .500 now as a manager. That’s pretty cool.

Well, in the right context it is, lol.

Seriously though, when you consider he took over a rebuilding team with a poor farm system, I'd agree that's quite impressive.

Walks are just something you have to live with if this is the rotation you are going to put out there.

Other teams rotations don’t walk guys? Man, what is Stearns thinking. He should go get those guys.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Walks are just something you have to live with if this is the rotation you are going to put out there.

Other teams rotations don’t walk guys? Man, what is Stearns thinking. He should go get those guys.

Obviously every pitcher walks batters, that isn't what I meant. A quick look at the BB/9 number for the rotations on contending teams shows most have at least one guy that manages to walk less than 3+ batters per nine innings. Most have more than one. We don't have a single pitcher currently in the rotation that fits that category. So yes, our guys walk a few more batters than other teams rotations and that is something we have to live with.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived