Brewer Fanatic

PDC with Timber Rattlers Extended thru 2022

JDBrewCrew

Timber Rattlers

Verified account

@TimberRattlers

2m2 minutes ago

Big news for #TRatNation today. We are announcing an extension of our current PDC with the @Brewers through the 2022 season: https://www.milb.com/wisconsin/news/milwaukee-brewers-and-wisconsin-timber-rattlers-sign-player-development-contract-extension-through-2022-season/c-294581566 … #Brewers #ThisIsMyCrew

They don't need to own it, that is the thing. The T-rats aren't leaving us and we aren't leaving them. It is like you doing more work for your job and you get nothing out of it. Just let someone else do all the work for the same result.

There is no way (that isn't against the rules) that another franchise could offer to entice the T-Rats away.

There should be a number of tax advantages for the Brewers to purchase the Timber Rattlers, especially in this, uh, favorable current real-estate investment environment that the current Congress and administration have afforded for such-minded people.

Also, have to remember that Fox Cities Stadium is almost 25 years old and in the older 1/3 of stadiums in the Midwest League. At some point in the next few handfuls of years, it will need to go through some major refurbishment, if not replacement. The Brewers would be better equipped to take care of those issues than the current owners.

No need to try to purchase ownership stake when it provides nothing they're not already getting. They have a stable long-term partner and some leverage in operations since the T-Rats would stand to lose quite a bit if they weren't a Brewers affiliate. Unless that becomes gets threatened, better to purchase affiliates elsewhere where there is less stability.

There should be a number of tax advantages for the Brewers to purchase the Timber Rattlers, especially in this, uh, favorable current real-estate investment environment that the current Congress and administration have afforded for such-minded people.

Also, have to remember that Fox Cities Stadium is almost 25 years old and in the older 1/3 of stadiums in the Midwest League. At some point in the next few handfuls of years, it will need to go through some major refurbishment, if not replacement. The Brewers would be better equipped to take care of those issues than the current owners.

Nothing like a mod trying to make it about politics. :rolleyes

On a better note the stadium was just renovated in 2013ish...pretty major if I remember right. I have never been there, but it looks nice from pictures and I have never heard any complaining. Looks like it is pretty updated all things considered. Compared to the other ones I have been to it actually looks to be really nice.

Nothing like a mod trying to make it about politics.

Not about politics at all - it's a fact that current tax law for real estate is extraordinarily favorable. And has been for quite some time. And probably will be for some time. I work in commercial real estate finance. I'm kind of attuned to this. So yes, given the current tax environment, it would be a favorable time for the Brewers to think about making capital investments such as this.

Nothing like a mod trying to make it about politics. :rolleyes

On a better note the stadium was just renovated in 2013ish...pretty major if I remember right. I have never been there, but it looks nice from pictures and I have never heard any complaining. Looks like it is pretty updated all things considered. Compared to the other ones I have been to it actually looks to be really nice.

That's what I was thinking. They just did a major overhaul to the stadium. I'm not sure what more they could do that wouldn't be overkill for an A ball stadium.

They actually just did a pretty big rennovation a couple years ago.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Fox cites is a very good A ball facility,the upper level indoor outdoor seating is a class act, food and drink is top notch.

Fox cites is a very good A ball facility,the upper level indoor outdoor seating is a class act, food and drink is top notch.

Agreed, the entire organization is a class act. (Except they give out too many bobbleheads each year, and they are too darn little...lol)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived