Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-14: Pirates (Archer) at Brewers (Gonzalez) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1) I feel good about our top 6 bullpen options in the playoffs.

2) Can we stop cheering for the Dodgers? I get it's the Cardinals but the talent between the two when fully healthy isnt even close. Kershaw in a wild card game or 2 or 3 times in a long playoff series? No thanks!

Go Dodgers!

2) Can we stop cheering for the Dodgers? I get it's the Cardinals but the talent between the two when fully healthy isnt even close. Kershaw in a wild card game or 2 or 3 times in a long playoff series? No thanks!

Logically, you are right. The Dodgers pose a much bigger threat in the playoffs on paper. I just don't like the Cardinals. Too much bad history there.

Agreed

I want no part of the Dodgers and Kershaw in the playoffs, wildcard or whatever...

As much as it would suck the high hard one to lose to the Cards, our chances are far better than vs the Dodgers.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I think we should be more concerned about the dbacks winning and staying close than anything. REminder the dbacks play the cubs monday-wednesday next week. That's probably our best chance at the cubs losing 2 or 3 games in a series the rest of the year. We want the dbacks still in contention. Plus, it would be nice if they caught and passed either the dodgers or cards.

Is it just me, or has Arcia been putting togehter much better at bats lately? Not just today with the 3 hits, but in general he's not swinging at crap and his approach is just way better.

He has looked better, but the results haven’t really followed all that much...for the most part.

I think we should be more concerned about the dbacks winning and staying close than anything. REminder the dbacks play the cubs monday-wednesday next week. That's probably our best chance at the cubs losing 2 or 3 games in a series the rest of the year. We want the dbacks still in contention. Plus, it would be nice if they caught and passed either the dodgers or cards.

It would be nice, but I'm not too worried about that. Teams eliminated or near elimination still typically want to play hard to the end and finish strong. It's not like they're going to rest starters. In some cases they may actually loosen up.

The ones who are basically just resting for the playoffs and putting out AAA lineups are the ones you have to worry about not being competitive.

Logically, you are right. The Dodgers pose a much bigger threat in the playoffs on paper. I just don't like the Cardinals. Too much bad history there.

Yeah, and I just think the Dodgers catch the Rockies.

Playing any team, at home, in a one-game, single elimination format is going to be basically a coin flip. I can live with losing to the Dodgers. If we lose to the Rockies, that sucks, but it happens. The Cardinals? That would just hurt.

I think of it like this: the marginally better one-game odds aren't worth the emotional consequences of seeing the Cardinals celebrate at MP again.

Dbacks are beating the Astros late. I agree that it is best for the Brewers for the DBacks to stay in contention.

Archived