Brewer Fanatic

Unofficial 2018 NFL season thread

PinaMadness
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since the Browns are pretty much every NFL fan's second-favorite team lately, it's nice to see they clearly, and finally, have themselves a franchise QB in Mayfield. I thought for sure they'd screw it up somehow, but it looks like they picked the best QB in the draft.

So if both the Vikings and Eagles win Sunday the difference in who makes the playoffs was that ridiculous roughing penalty on Clay back in week 2. I know you can always pick out some pivotal bad calls during the season but that was a poorly called ruling on some new NFL crackdown that was apparently quietly done away with shortly after. Seems fitting it has some impact on how the season plays out.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Since the Browns are pretty much every NFL fan's second-favorite team lately, it's nice to see they clearly, and finally, have themselves a franchise QB in Mayfield. I thought for sure they'd screw it up somehow, but it looks like they picked the best QB in the draft.

The Jets QB was impressive too. Not that the Packer D is anything special this year, but he was throwing a nice ball on Sunday; Strong arm, accurate, finding the open WR (which may have been easy against our 4th string CBs).

And the Vikings are stuck paying Cousins guaranteed money for two more seasons.

Though I wonder if it's time for the Lions to trade Stafford. Not a bad QB by any stretch, but they're not going anywhere anytime soon, and with this bad QB draft class maybe the extra draft picks will help rebuild that team.

Going to work on Wednesday(in Viking territory), should be interesting. Everyone was so positive that Cousins was the saviour. I reminded them that Keenam had an outstanding year last year and Cousins would be lucky to match it... Even before DeFillipo was fired, people were starting to grumble about Cousins...

I'd think the Titans will still give Mariota a few more years. The Jaguars, though, could well be a team that gets back into contention if they had a QB who could step in and play from Day 1. That or maybe the Broncos would prefer a good, established QB, only because Elway is gone if he whiffs on another QB draft pick.

That is a bizarre set of circumstances. Bear player makes a catch but it's striped out as he's going to the ground, ruled incomplete. It's reviewed, under 2 minutes, and basically ruled a catch, but since no one jumped on the ball, except the ref who had to walk over and pick it up, it's an incomplete pass. Also embarrassingly for NBC, their "rules expert" thought it would be bears ball at the spot of the fumble. I'll cut him some slack since this is probably the first time that rule has even needed to be used on a catch like that with the new rules for catches this year.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

HaHaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA. Bears, HaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAH

Yeah I know we sucked this year but it's not like their fans don't celebrate our playoff meltdowns. Just another reminder that nobody is special( I am looking at you Vike fans), there are 5 or 6 excruciating losses in the postseason most seasons. Elimination games are tough.

That almost makes up for the Packers season.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

That was the best missed fg ive ever seen.

Honestly, I thought it had hit the upright, and gone through....kept waiting on the officials to signal.

I couldn't wish a more heartbreaking defeat on to any other team in the league.

Scha-den-freu-de!

*Clap* *Clap* *Clap-Clap-Clap*

Scha-den-freu-de!

Typical Bear style choke job. Blasphemous as it seems, I was sorta rooting for them.

Oh well... 3 months until baseball. Thinking about catching an early Sunday, as I want a Jesus bobble head.

Questions are a burden.   And answers a prison for one's self.

I would still rank the Vikings kicker miss as higher than this but it was glorious.

Either way, I think we all agree that the Vikings losing last week and the Bears losing this week was the best part of the season... ;)

To be fair to Parkey the Eagles tipped the kick, making it more of a unit failure than on the kicker. I don't believe the misses by Viking kickers were anything other than on the kicker. So the Vikings "win" the playoff kicker fail sweepstakes.

And how some Bears fans have responded on Twitter makes me wonder why athletes bother with social media.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

That was the best missed fg ive ever seen.

Honestly, I thought it had hit the upright, and gone through....kept waiting on the officials to signal.

I thought it was gonna bounce in and then again after it hit the cross bar. It was a rollercoaster of emotions.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I had a feeling the playoffs would be good due to none of these teams being really overwhelming.

Dallas still intrigues me. An Eagles-Cowboys NFCCG sort of seems destined. That Rams defense is not good. The Saints are good, but Dallas did shut them down once.

I hope the Chargers make it out of the AFC. I don't mind the Pats, but something new would be nice. It'd be cool to see Rivers finally get the best of them during this late-career resurgence.

I'm rooting for Chargers vs Philly just because that would be a cool storyline.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived