Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-12: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Hendricks) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-1 -- Granderson 3-for-4 including 3B, HR]

Eye Black
  • Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson’s shutting down one of the better offenses in baseball. Keep it up!

Yup, lots of good hitters in that lineup. They are going to hit balls hard regardless of who's on the mound.

Wow, Saladino pinch hitting. This will be interesting. Pen better be up to the challenge.

I'm ok with it with him leading off the inning. Hopefully he can get on for the top of the order.

Applause to CC for making this change

Remains to be seen.

I am basing my praise off the fact that a more traditional move would be to let him because he hasn't given up an runs despite lots of walks and missed pitches. For example, the super loyal manager types like RRR and the Yost infection would never make a move like this.

Poor AB by Saladino, but I totally agree with this move. Anderson is hit and miss today, I know the line is great but there's been some luck involved. Your pen is built for this, this is the most important game left of the regular season, do what you need to do to get 15 more outs.

Applause to CC for making this change

Remains to be seen.

I am basing my praise off the fact that a more traditional move would be to let him because he hasn't given up an runs despite lots of walks and missed pitches. For example, the super loyal manager types like RRR and the Yost infection would never make a move like this.

I guess, even with the larger pen, there aren't enough good pitchers out there I trust to get 15 outs. I don't think Hader can go real long tonight. Burnes could go a couple I guess.

This makes me nervous. 8, 9, and 1 coming up, and I can’t help but think Chase could have handled that, or at least gotten another couple outs. Full disclosure, I only just tuned in for the last inning, so haven’t watched much of his pitching in this one. Sounded like he struggled a bit with command?

Tough call, neither is wrong. I would have kept Chase in there.

Well, preferably your pinch hitter doesn't go down on 3 pitches. That was not ideal.

Saladino sucks, but he's probably the right choice there. Don't want to use Aguilar or Braun with no one on. Broxton you probably want to still have late as a defensive sub.

Archived