Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-12: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Hendricks) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-1 -- Granderson 3-for-4 including 3B, HR]

Eye Black
  • Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I read one article today where theo was basically making a veiled threat that there was a possibility they would just forfeit/refuse to play the game. Lol

Good. That's a lose for them.

And a shameful one too. Here it is, I was looking at their board to see the whining.

https://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2018/9/12/17850862/theo-epstein-cubs-mlb-cubs-nationals-rainout-thursday

I read one article today where theo was basically making a veiled threat that there was a possibility they would just forfeit/refuse to play the game. Lol

I actually wonder whether that would be better for them down the stretch than having to get on a red eye tonight to play the makeup game. Assuming they actually could formally forfeit the game.

Take the 1/2 game loss in the standings to get a flipping offday, stay home, and avoid flirting with hurricane precip. It would be so crazy if they get all the way out there only to be rained out again

Nah, landfall is Friday and then moving south before moving north. Hurricane will have no effect.

That's because it slowed down and shifted paths - when they announced the starting pitcher it was still projected to land on Thursday and further north. Still a 40% chance of rain in DC on Thursday.

I actually wonder whether that would be better for them down the stretch than having to get on a red eye tonight to play the makeup game. Assuming they actually could formally forfeit the game.

Take the 1/2 game loss in the standings to get a flipping offday, stay home, and avoid flirting with hurricane precip. It would be so crazy if they get all the way out there only to be rained out again

I don't know, but I'd love it because for the rest of my life, when facing inclement weather or less than ideal situations I could ask any cub fan if they wanted to forfeit the game. It would/will never get old.

The bottom line is Hader's 2018 season....any guesses as to the top line?

Five pitchers had 51 saves in a season:

Dennis Eckersley, 1992

Rod Beck, 1998

Jim Johnson, 2012

Mark Melancon, 2015

Jeurys Familia, 2016

Whoops, I didn't realize you could scroll to the right & see more of that graphic! Good call, clancy

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Between tonight's game and having to play in D.C. tomorrow, I kinda wanna listen to Chicago sportstalk radio tomorrow morning

Doing just that is one of my favorite things after Cub losses. Though I also have to say that a lot of the hosts do a pretty nice job, at least on WSCR.

Even better listening to the Score after a Packer win over the Bears.

Archived