Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-12: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Hendricks) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-1 -- Granderson 3-for-4 including 3B, HR]

Eye Black
  • Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With Jesus struggling, and self proclaiming he needed some mental time off, is this a good time to use him?

Just saying...

Yea maybe I'm stuck in history, but I go Braun there. Just has so much more experience and he's so good going the other way with Chisek's stuff that almost requires you go opposite field. Nothing too get worked up about though.

I hate sleestack!

Hate watching him pitch.

Despise his praying mantis style.

Cubs just pitching same guys day after day after day!!

That pen is getting gassed. Pitching the same 4-5 guys every game.

Doesn't look gassed to me.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

No way was Jesus getting a hit there...Leave him on the bench to gather himself. If someone says they need a day off for mental reasons, don't use them in a high leverage at bat, with the game on the line.

That was just not smart.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

And again, can't come up with the big hit.

Counsell may need to start thinking about mixing up his lineups a little more. Yesterday we didn't have a single worthwhile righty off the bench. Today, not a single worthwhile lefty. Maddon is killing Counsell on late matchups this series.

No way was Jesus getting a hit there...Leave him on the bench to gather himself. If someone says they need a day off for mental reasons, don't sue them in a high leverage at bat, with the game on the line.

That was just not smart.

[sarcasm]I’m sure we all know Aguilar’s mental state better than the guy who spends 8+ hours a day with him for half the year...[/sarcasm]

No way was Jesus getting a hit there...Leave him on the bench to gather himself. If someone says they need a day off for mental reasons, don't sue them in a high leverage at bat, with the game on the line.

That was just not smart.

[sarcasm]I’m sure we all know Aguilar’s mental state better than the guy who spends 8+ hours a day with him for half the year...[/sarcasm]

Well, again, he asked for the day off because he was mentally in need of a day off. Is that the best time to use him in that situation Mr. Snarkypants?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

That was just not smart.

Well, again, he asked for the day off because he was mentally in need of a day off. Is that the best time to use him in that situation Mr. Snarkypants?

I agree, especially with Braun standing there. I get using Jesus in extras or something but there were other options

Archived