Brewer Fanatic

Braden Webb

Mr Southpaw
What has Braden Webb done differently over the last month since moving to AA? Last night he was almost perfect in the first game of the AA championship series. Why would the management start him ahead of Zach Brown if they did not know he had a new secret weapon?

What has Braden Webb done differently over the last month since moving to AA? Last night he was almost perfect in the first game of the AA championship series. Why would the management start him ahead of Zach Brown if they did not know he had a new secret weapon?

Everything I've read shows a general uptick in stuff from Webb this year. I also know command was a pretty big issue for him most of his minor league career, so maybe he's harnessed it better? Just general guesses, I'm sure someone like And That could weigh in better.

Do you think it is possible that Webb, Brown, Harber and Supak are all in the AAA rotation next year? Diplan, Jankins, Ponce and Roegner have had their moments as well. Brewers have a lot of talented arms hitting the upper levels of the system.

Couple that with a decent chunk of the AA team that gets bumped to a non-launching pad AAA team. I think AAA is going to be crazy loaded with top organizational prospects next year.

Do you think it is possible that Webb, Brown, Harber and Supak are all in the AAA rotation next year? Diplan, Jankins, Ponce and Roegner have had their moments as well. Brewers have a lot of talented arms hitting the upper levels of the system.

Couple that with a decent chunk of the AA team that gets bumped to a non-launching pad AAA team. I think AAA is going to be crazy loaded with top organizational prospects next year.

It was my understanding that in comparing ballpark to ballpark, each PCL park was a launching pad when compared to the IL parks. It was just a matter of degrees of how much of launching pad each place was.

Unless there is a drastic move, all the AAA affiliate openings for 2019 are in the PCL so the Brewers are still dealing with some sort of launching pad..

PCL in general is hitter-friendly, yeah. CS takes it to the next level though.

EDIT: Actually this was linked in another thread. Plenty of hitter-friendly ballparks in the PCL, none more so than Colorado Springs. But also several that aren't very hitter friendly at all.

Everything I've read shows a general uptick in stuff from Webb this year. I also know command was a pretty big issue for him most of his minor league career, so maybe he's harnessed it better? Just general guesses, I'm sure someone like And That could weigh in better.

Thanks for your thoughts.

The walks are still a bit high for my liking as he's performing right to the scouting reports coming out but I will say this. If he can make the necessary adjustments to cut the walks down, the 2016 draft is starting to look like a potentially franchise changer with Ray, Feliciano (still alot to prove but young), Webb, Burnes and Brown in the first 5 rounds.

The walks are still a bit high for my liking as he's performing right to the scouting reports coming out but I will say this. If he can make the necessary adjustments to cut the walks down, the 2016 draft is starting to look like a potentially franchise changer with Ray, Feliciano (still alot to prove but young), Webb, Burnes and Brown in the first 5 rounds.

That pitching though...I like those 3 pitchers way more than either of the bats, says more about the pitchers than the bats because both are very promising.

Archived