Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-11: Other MLB Games

homer
It's because LAD probably have the most talent in the NL. They also match up well vs us due to the lefty pitchers. Plus, if they do well and make a run at the the division but fall short and end up with just WC instead then you're facing Kershaw in a one game playoff. Long story short, you just don't want them in the playoffs because they probably have the best team. Just a couple weeks ago in spite of them not being in the playoffs at the time they were the 2nd favorite by oddsmakers to win the NL.

ETA: I just checked odds on my site again and Dodgers are still second favorite in the NL and barely behind the Cubs. +275 vs +300. There's a reason for that.

Things are tight enough in the West where they would maybe have to use Kershaw on the final day of the season. I'm not afraid of Kershaw anyway. He hasn't been that great against us, and he's not exactly Cy Young in October either.

Yea I'd assume ballpark related profit would go to WAS and/or hurricane charity type stuff. Some money to be made in the community area by bars/restaurants etc and money for the people who work the games. Which is all good. But you're right the team itself likely doesn't get anything.

Count me in as wanting the Dodgers to lose out. Machado, spending, etc. I just don't want them in the tournament.

If Philadelphia loses both games of the double header tonight, I think they can be removed from the scoreboard watching.

Count me in as wanting the Dodgers to lose out. Machado, spending, etc. I just don't want them in the tournament.

If Philadelphia loses both games of the double header tonight, I think they can be removed from the scoreboard watching.

Me too. Seeing Machado and Dozier miss the playoffs would be quite nice.

I’m just not interested in giving them a de facto home game and reinforcing the Wrigley North meme.

I'm still mad about the time we had Charles Tillman throwing out the first pitch at Miller Park in a Brewers/Cubs game. I don't usually get too worked up about trying to keep Cubs fans out of MP, but that's just disgraceful. Just roll out the red carpet why don't ya.

I’m just not interested in giving them a de facto home game and reinforcing the Wrigley North meme.

I'm still mad about the time we had Charles Tillman throwing out the first pitch at Miller Park in a Brewers/Cubs game. I don't usually get too worked up about trying to keep Cubs fans out of MP, but that's just disgraceful. Just roll out the red carpet why don't ya.

Yup, a definate sore spot with me as well...

Whoever came up with that plan should have been fired on the spot.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived