Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-11: Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting decision to send Piña up here, and interesting LHP counter

I think Maddon wanted to force the Brewers to not use Moustakas.

Probably will leave him to start next inning too so Moose doesn't PH. Would have broxton, Salad as righties.

Even the best hitters miss 95+ MPH fastballs high in the zone at times. Not everything has to be an indictment on a player. Their guy did his job perfectly.

Especially after he dotted his first two pitches up and in for strikes. Makes 95 out look 105

I just don't get the %'s crap, managers over think it way too much sometimes...My boss and I were just discussing this today...IDC if it's a lefty or not, I send my best available hitter up there..Either Moose or Grandy..not Manny freaking Pina, in that situation?? Terrible decision CC! That's a decision that could be looked back on if they end up losing the division by a game.

Manny is 9-67 with RISP position this year and 1-9 w/ bases loaded, and CC uses him to PH?? What the heck was he thinking?? Just flat out dumb

I just don't get the %'s crap, managers over think it way too much sometimes...My boss and I were just discussing this today...IDC if it's a lefty or not, I send my best available hitter up there..Either Moose or Grandy..not Manny freaking Pina, in that situation?? Terrible decision CC! That's a decision that could be looked back on if they end up losing the division by a game.

Disagree. Pina has been hot pretty much since the AS break.

Just a little bit dramatic?

Plus once Manny went out as the initial PH he wasn't coming back because then you're playing a rookie C to finish the game. As I mentioned the nitpick to me would be to have Arcia call the bluff as long as possible before deciding who to PH. Maybe you still go Pina, maybe you don't

Granderson would have been my choice but I don’t have any beef with Pina getting the at bat. Although I saw a tweet that said he’s 9-67 w/RISP this year, so maybe it wasn’t a great choice. Oh well.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I more question the move early in the game not to walk Caratini with a base open for Quintana. That looks pretty big now.

I probably would have taken a shot with Moose, but I don't blame him for going with Pina who has had a very nice 2nd half offensively. Wilson just whooped him.

Disagree. Pina has been hot pretty much since the AS break.

When is the last time he had a meaningful at bat though, or an unmeaningful at bat for that matter...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived