Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-11: Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know Kratz has been hitting well and all so this isn't a complaint but it pops in my head times like now due to his so so blocking skills. But have they really said why he's playing so much more than Pina? lingering effects from that HBP to the face? Pina was hitting the wall great as well

Pinas OPS was over 900 in August and Kratz was under 700. So yeah it’s time to stop alternating and Play Pina especially with all the off days. That is unless pinas got something else. Because the defense is in his favor too

I hate Quintana. I think a lot of that is because the Brewers were yet again the bridesmaid when it comes to acquiring a TOR pitcher. Seems like they have been in on every one, but haven't been able to close the deal. I tell ya, Hiura better be the real deal, because if he isn't, they've let a lot of top pitcher skip off to other teams because they are banking on him.

Guys, it was a strike. Just because Carantini did a terrible job framing it doesn't change where it crossed the plate.

Can't have it both ways, we can't call for the machines to make the calls and then complain when we don't like what the machines say.

Horrible call on that K. Caratini with a horrible frame job as well.

Nope, lousy frame but both Foxtrax and Gameday have it right on the corner. Can't complain about a correct call.

Looked inside according to the live game. That's what I went on.

I concur. I never look at Foxtrak, PitchFx, Gameday, or whatever. I believe the tech is lacking a bit. I prefer the subjective eye test. Mainly why I am against replacing umpires with computers for balls/strikes.

eye test says ball but the box on tv had it catching the corner. one of those you can't really blame the ump either way. But with how badly he missed his spot and how the C had to reach away like that the ump usually calls that a ball. Whole inning could go differently if that's called a ball

I hate Quintana. I think a lot of that is because the Brewers were yet again the bridesmaid when it comes to acquiring a TOR pitcher. Seems like they have been in on every one, but haven't been able to close the deal. I tell ya, Hiura better be the real deal, because if he isn't, they've let a lot of top pitcher skip off to other teams because they are banking on him.

They have? News to me.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Nope, lousy frame but both Foxtrax and Gameday have it right on the corner. Can't complain about a correct call.

Looked inside according to the live game. That's what I went on.

I concur. I never look at Foxtrak, PitchFx, Gameday, or whatever. I believe the tech is lacking a bit. I prefer the subjective eye test. Mainly why I am against replacing umpires with computers for balls/strikes.

I don't know if what Fox is using here is the same as what they would have in place if they went to the machine system but the science is done on the machines if they go that route and no reason not to trust it. if you have a couple mins some time just google and read into it, the concerns that likely pop into your head are accounted for

I guess however you feel we should all agree that it was at least borderline. Can't let a 3-2 pitch with 2 on hinge on having a borderline call go your way. It's not like we were egregiously screwed. Aguilar had a job to do and did not come through.

They have? News to me.

I'm assuming a lot there. But yeah, Brewers linked to every top pitcher that has been moved the last two seasons. That is pretty much confirmed.

They have? News to me.

Quintana has killed us but has like a 4.5 ERA facing everyone else and Cubs gave up what looks like a for sure star player. They haven't missed on much. I don't think they're kicking themselves too badly on Darvish either.

They have? News to me.

Quintana has killed us but has like a 4.5 ERA facing everyone else and Cubs gave up what looks like a for sure star player. They haven't missed on much. I don't think they're kicking themselves too badly on Darvish either.

They were rumored to be in on Sonny Gray last year too. That hasn't exactly worked out for the Yankees.

It's the IGT. I'm overreacting.

I know Kratz has been hitting well and all so this isn't a complaint but it pops in my head times like now due to his so so blocking skills. But have they really said why he's playing so much more than Pina? lingering effects from that HBP to the face? Pina was hitting the wall great as well

Pinas OPS was over 900 in August and Kratz was under 700. So yeah it’s time to stop alternating and Play Pina especially with all the off days. That is unless pinas got something else. Because the defense is in his favor too

Exactly. And it's not even a 50/50 lately. More like Kratz 2/3. I assume something is up with Pina but I haven't seen any explanation

Archived