Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-11: Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who would have ever thought 20 years or so ago that you'd reach an era in baseball where a guy hits a sharp sure basehit into right field and there's a fielder just sitting there waiting for it to throw it to 1st?

Yeah, I still instinctively read balls like that as hits, despite the fact that I dhoild know better by now.

On the other hand, I remember watching beer league softball fielders reposition themselves for certain hitters long ago, so another part of me wonders what took so long.

Looks like same old same old v. Quintana early. Hope that changes soon or else Chacin manages to dominate for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Who would have ever thought 20 years or so ago that you'd reach an era in baseball where a guy hits a sharp sure basehit into right field and there's a fielder just sitting there waiting for it to throw it to 1st?

Yeah, I still instinctively read balls like that as hits, despite the fact that I dhoild know better by now.

On the other hand, I remember watching beer league softball fielders reposition themselves for certain hitters long ago, so another part of me wonders what took so long.

Looks like same old same old v. Quintana early. Hope that changes soon or else Chacin manages to dominate for a while.

Its funny you mention that because i recall the same thing. I started playing slow pitch in 93 (dating myself a bit...) And yeah, we shifted all over ALL the time for other hitters, so it is interesting that mlb has taken so long to adopt this.

I know Kratz has been hitting well and all so this isn't a complaint but it pops in my head times like now due to his so so blocking skills. But have they really said why he's playing so much more than Pina? lingering effects from that HBP to the face? Pina was hitting the wall great as well

Archived