Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-11: Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black
If Chacin doesn't make that totally unnecessary and horrible throw into center field we get out of the 2nd unscathed and would not use Woody in a 0-0 game

If it rained beer, I’d have liver failure.

homer__s_dream_by_gracetheartist-d33ybb3.gif

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Former Brewers great Jorge De la Rosa facing up against the Crew in a playoff chase. Things come full circle.

And mowing through the Brewers lineup. Because of course the Cubs can grab a crappy lefty off the scrap heap, and he suddenly becomes a lock-down late inning reliever.

I know, the Brewers only grab guys like Chacin and Miley and turn them into good starting pitchers.

I could go the other way and say only the cubs can pay $34 million in salary to two starting pitchers who’ve given them nothing.

I guess my point is that it is Jorge de la Rosa, of all pitchers, making a meaningful late-inning appearance against the Brewers in a division race. He's been the definition of mediocre for a very long time. But have left arm, will travel.

I'll give you the Brewers fixing Miley, but Chacin was a good pitcher before coming to the Brewers.

Former Brewers great Jorge De la Rosa facing up against the Crew in a playoff chase. Things come full circle.

Was acquired by the Brewers in an 8 player trade that included Craig Counsell...

December 1, 2003: Jorge De La Rosa Traded by the Arizona Diamondbacks with Chris Capuano, Craig Counsell, Chad Moeller, Lyle Overbay and Junior Spivey to the Milwaukee Brewers for a player to be named later, Shane Nance and Richie Sexson. The Milwaukee Brewers sent Noochie Varner (minors) (December 15, 2003) to the Arizona Diamondbacks to complete the trade.

Prior to that he had also been part of the Red Sox trade for Curt Schilling. That seems like a really long time ago.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

He got a very weak out, just saying.....

I know, I'm just saying, trailing 3-0 with 3 outs left, this is exactly the kind of game you use Dan Jennings in. You certainly wouldn't burn Hader even if he was available to still trail 3-0.

It’s ridiculous to assume this game would be 0-0 without that throw. They still had a guy on 3rd with one out.

The hitter had a 2 strike count and got a hit due to the drawn in IF. The following hitter was Quintana. It is not ridiculous, but actually by far and away the most likely outcome.

The NL batting line in a 2-2 count is .180/.186/.283.

Quintana's career batting line .063/.081/.063

I guess my point is that it is Jorge de la Rosa, of all pitchers, making a meaningful late-inning appearance against the Brewers in a division race. He's been the definition of mediocre for a very long time. But have left arm, will travel.

I'll give you the Brewers fixing Miley, but Chacin was a good pitcher before coming to the Brewers.

I think what gets old are the whoa is us posts about other teams players. The Cubs are what they are but the Brewers are doing a great job filling their roster too.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Using Williams perfectly there as a ROOGY.

Guy is perfect for that role, someday he may be more but for now I can't for the life of me understand why we haven't used him that way.

Righties can't hit Williams. Lefties turn into Bryce Harper.

Archived