Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-10: Other MLB Games

homer

Cardinals coming back like that obviously sucks. But Dodgers lost, meaning we now have a 4½ game lead over them, with the Cardinals inbetween there too.

And the sneks are truly getting stepped on in Denver, down 13-2. Barring a miraculous comeback, they'll be 7 games behind us.

I think I'd rather see the Cardinals get that wild card than the Dodgers. That said, securing at least a wild card earlier is a huge advantage because you can set up your playoff pitching better.

If the Brewers don't collapse, I would love to see the Rockies get the other wild card. A lot would have to go right for that to happen, but they would obviously be the preferred opponent in an elimination game. Better yet, maybe the Brewers can win the division and Colorado can beat the Cardinals or Cubs in a wild card game. A home series against the Rockies would be a dream scenario.

Archived