Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-10: Brewers (Miley) at Cubs (Lester) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2; Hader dominates over 2 IP, & JJ slams the door]

Eye Black
Does anyone else find this wildly unacceptable?

That there's 36 players in the locker room or that they don't all fit? A baseball roster is 25 men for the vast majority of the season. Really no reason to make a clubhouse bigger for 4 weeks of the season. I'm sure they've used all the space they realistically can in Wrigley.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another reason to tune in early for this one:

Tim Dillard: the new hitting coach!

In all honesty, he seems like an absolutely fantastic clubhouse presence. I hope he is brought up to help keep the guys loose and having fun these final few weeks!

Seeing as he'll be on Brewers Live and tweeted @FSN I'm guessing he'll be some part of the broadcast team this September. He may even be announcing his retirement to join the TV crew full time. He'd be great to do bits every now and then interviewing fans and going behind the scenes.

Between Coshan and Augie I just don't see any room for more talent unfortunately, sort of a Steve Young/Joe Montana situation

Does anyone else find this wildly unacceptable?

That there's 36 players in the locker room or that they don't all fit? A baseball roster is 25 men for the vast majority of the season. Really no reason to make a clubhouse bigger for 4 weeks of the season. I'm sure they've used all the space they realistically can in Wrigley.

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20160411/wrigleyville/wrigley-field-visitors-clubhouse-worst-majors-can-wait-til-next-year

Seems legit doesn't it? It would be one thing if the home club house was comparable, or if it was comparable to other visitor clubhouses...but it isn't. It's way way behind. The home clubhouse must be 3-4 times the size of the visitor club house. It's seriously bush league, it's an intentional built in advantage...by a team with virtually unlimited resources that could easily and quickly have remodeled that thing anytime over the last 5 years. They just did the home one in 2016, what are they waiting for with the visitors one?

I get that normally there aren't 36 guys needing lockers, but locker space isn't the only factor.

I wonder if they would add Dillard as the permanent sideline reporter. I know they initially said Sophia would retain her sideline duties when the Brewers hired her, but maybe they transition her out of the sideline gig by next season and bring Dillard into her role.

Dillard will do something for the Brewers. Maybe run their snapchat or something like that. He's too likable and has a cult like following here to let him get away to a different organization.

While I personally don’t find Dillard that funny I think he would be a pretty stellar guy to do interviews after games.

Do you find him completely unfunny? (not criticizing, just curious) I admit he doesn't make me fall out of my chair and roll on the floor with incessant guffaws, but he's amusing enough that I generally click the links of him that people share here from time to time and find them amusing, but not to the point that I'm a follower, or go out of my way to seek them out. If he was on the broadcasts in some way, he would probably grow on me, I'm guessing, but hard to say for sure until it happens.

Is it just me or does Maddon seriously not have a clue? I'm trying to figure out why Murphy is leading off against Miley, which is L vs L. You can justify it against a RHP with the high obp...but he's been brutal against lefties this year and hasn't been all that successful against Miley specifically. Maybe go Almora at leadoff? Or Zobrist? Both guys have more speed than Murphy too, specifically Almora who's obviously a legit speed threat.

I'm not complaining, heck they can bat the pitcher 1st too if they want. Just find it generally stupid, though at this point with Maddon I shouldn't be surprised. How many innings until he tries to intimidate an umpire and fails?

Looks like if Murphy goes 3 for 4 with 4 rbis and a dinger, it's your fault for jinxing the situation...

:tongue

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Is it just me or does Maddon seriously not have a clue? I'm trying to figure out why Murphy is leading off against Miley, which is L vs L. You can justify it against a RHP with the high obp...but he's been brutal against lefties this year and hasn't been all that successful against Miley specifically. Maybe go Almora at leadoff? Or Zobrist? Both guys have more speed than Murphy too, specifically Almora who's obviously a legit speed threat.

I'm not complaining, heck they can bat the pitcher 1st too if they want. Just find it generally stupid, though at this point with Maddon I shouldn't be surprised. How many innings until he tries to intimidate an umpire and fails?

So you're saying sometimes a manager makes a decision that the general fan population doesn't agree with?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Looks like if Murphy goes 3 for 4 with 4 rbis and a dinger, it's your fault for jinxing the situation...

:tongue

That seems fair, so far ok. Don't love the 7 pitch at bat but at least he got out.

Archived