Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-10: Brewers (Miley) at Cubs (Lester) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2; Hader dominates over 2 IP, & JJ slams the door]

Eye Black
  • Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone knew hader was coming in that inning. Maddon wasting Schwarber makes no sense. Just a terrible move. I don't know their bench a ton but who is left on there besides Happ for quality bats

La Stella is always a tough out as a PH, too. Caratini. They still have some options, but assuming Jeffress pitches the 9th Schwarber would've looked alot better with a bat later this game...

Good call. I know the names now that you say them but i don't follow closely enough to remember. Cubs guys always seem like tough outs

I want to see a cage deathmatch between Sol's 'The Only Commercial We Budgeted For This Season' & the Feldco 'BOGO Windows' spot.

Hate. So much hate for both of those.

I feel ya...

Usually Pizza Ranch is right up there, but they have pulled back a bit lately.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I want to see a cage deathmatch between Sol's 'The Only Commercial We Budgeted For This Season' & the Feldco 'BOGO Windows' spot.

Hate. So much hate for both of those.

I feel ya...

Usually Pizza Ranch is right up there, but they have pulled back a bit lately.

And at least they sprung for more than one version of ad! They might all suck, but I don't hate the Pizza Ranch ads

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Arcia needs his first hitting lesson during the off season at some point. Rickie Weeks seemed to have a better grasp on proper hitting approach
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

By getting Arcia out they allow Hader to pitch another inning... Dumb move if you ask me.

I honestly don't know whether it makes a difference. They have the meat of their order coming up, I doubt CC would've automatically pulled Hader for a PH even with the bases loaded.

I agree that a PH for Arcia would've been my move to make in that spot - force the issue to see if Maddon would let Cishek face a lefty.

To be fair, a .921 ops in 1987 is like a .650 ops in any other season. :laughing

24 players got an AL MVP vote that year, including Kirby Puckett (3rd, .900 OPS), Tony Fernandez (8th, .805 OPS), Gary Gaetti (10th, .788 OPS), Jeff Reardon (11th), Darrell Evans (12th, .880 OPS), Doyle Alexander (13th), Wally Joyner (.894 OPS, 13th), Robin Yount (18th, .862 OPS), Kevin Seitzer (20th, .869 OPS), Ruben Sierra (20th, .771 OPS), Jose Canseco (23rd, .780 OPS), and Matt Nokes (24th, .880 OPS).

Quite a few guys with a lower OPS got votes that year.

Trivia - who had the highest OPS that year among vote-getters?

Boggs?

Archived