Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Chacín) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that 619 OPS against Quintana...excellent argument, that explains everything...

The numbers justify playing Perez to some degree. I still wouldn't do it but I understand it. I'd personally just assume I wasn't getting much offense from RF today and go boom or bust broxton while taking the elite defense. Batting Perez 2nd is still incredibly silly. Even going off those numbers, why wouldn't you bat Perez 5th or 6th with Moustakas ahead of him somewhere? If this outlines anything, it mostly tells us we really don't have much depth when facing a LHP. We are much better prepared for RHP.

Yeah, that 619 OPS against Quintana...excellent argument, that explains everything...

The numbers justify playing Perez to some degree. I still wouldn't do it but I understand it. I'd personally just assume I wasn't getting much offense from RF today and go boom or bust broxton while taking the elite defense. Batting Perez 2nd is still incredibly silly. Even going off those numbers, why wouldn't you bat Perez 5th or 6th with Moustakas ahead of him somewhere? If this outlines anything, it mostly tells us we really don't have much depth when facing a LHP. We are much better prepared for RHP

According to those numbers he's been significantly better than Moose against lefties, both all year (+.135 OPS) and recently (+.458), and in larger sample sizes than the numbers against just Quintana, where he still holds up as one of our top 4 options. So going off those numbers, why wouldn't you bat Perez somewhere in the top 4 spots? The two spot seems alright to me.

We definitely lack players that have had much success against Q, and to a slightly lesser extent against lefties in general, but that's what we have to work with and this is a good spot to get one of the few players we have that has been good against lefties a start.

5th page for this thread and we are an hour and a half from game time. Wow. People are excited.

People must not actually read the thread since we are still getting posts about how terrible CC is and typical Brewers after its already been explained that Yelich is banged up.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Looks like the old days of RRR...

Yelich hits second normally, so his replacement must hit second too... Just must!

It's almost like all managers basically do the same things, and firings are more to appease the fans rather than bringing about any sort of meaningful changes....

Harold Reynolds is "concerned" about the Brewers, then offers no actual reasoning for that line of thinking. Classic. "They have to play the division coming up." Nevermind that we're playing the division right now and hoping to sweep said division leader. I usually don't listen to these clowns but that was predictably awful.

Count me in the group really disappointed to see Yelich out of the lineup. These games against the Cubs are doubly important, a day off could have waited until tomorrow. He's our best player and we need him in there in these games.

Perez is 7 for his last 29. (.241)

Not really smoking the ball to the extent where I think he really justifies being in for Yelich and batting 2nd in such a crucial game.

But, that's just my opinion. Hope he has a 3 for 5 day and makes my opinion look bad.

Yelich is banged up if you didn’t see that post. He needed the day according to CC.

Makes sense. If he needs it he needs it, nothing you can do about that. Thanks.

The numbers justify playing Perez to some degree. I still wouldn't do it but I understand it. I'd personally just assume I wasn't getting much offense from RF today and go boom or bust broxton while taking the elite defense. Batting Perez 2nd is still incredibly silly. Even going off those numbers, why wouldn't you bat Perez 5th or 6th with Moustakas ahead of him somewhere? If this outlines anything, it mostly tells us we really don't have much depth when facing a LHP. We are much better prepared for RHP.

Perez may be a good fit hitting behind Cain since he does have a decent .286 batting average against Quintana. For the #2 slot, you can do a lot worse.

He's also been hot against lefties lately...

Harold Reynolds is "concerned" about the Brewers, then offers no actual reasoning for that line of thinking. Classic. "They have to play the division coming up." Nevermind that we're playing the division right now and hoping to sweep said division leader. I usually don't listen to these clowns but that was predictably awful.

Then he must be absolutely terrified for the D-Backs and Rockies because they have to play their division too. A much tougher one.

Perez is .370/.408/.609 in 46 ABs against left-handers since the All-Star break.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Community Moderator

I know this game is important but it would be insane to risk a Yelich DL stint at this point.

We have nobody on the 10-day DL right now. That is partially a result of smart managing this whole year.

Overlooked is how Perez basically stole the go ahead run in last night's game by stealing third off Montgomery and scoring on Kratz' sac fly.

So, who is the team leader in game-winning RBIs? They stopped having it long ago... would be curious to see which Brewer today has the lead.

Two fantasy football drafts held me away from this game. Thought about trying to do them on my phone but that would get pretty hectic.

Archived