Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Chacín) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-4]

Eye Black
What could have happened if MVP-candidate Yelich played 18-times-his-playing-time tonight? (18 multipied by 1/2 inning = 9 innings)

Sometimes guys just need a breather. Haudricourt was getting snippy on Twitter this evening with posters who were saying the same thing.

Speaking of Hardricourt, I just found out I'm blocked by him on twitter. I've maybe replied to three or four things he's said and he's never once responded or interacted with me in any way. What a thin skinned reporter.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What could have happened if MVP-candidate Yelich played 18-times-his-playing-time tonight? (18 multipied by 1/2 inning = 9 innings)

Sometimes guys just need a breather. Haudricourt was getting snippy on Twitter this evening with posters who were saying the same thing.

Speaking of Hardricourt, I just found out I'm blocked by him on twitter. I've maybe replied to three or four things he's said and he's never once responded or interacted with me in any way. What a thin skinned reporter.

I find him insufferable so I unfollowed him

I'm going to vent a little bit here as tactfully as I can.

I am very disappointed that Christian Yelich was kept out of the lineup today. Pregame it seemed to be understood that he was just not physically available, but that no longer seems to be the case and his PH appearance confirmed that. With the day off tomorrow it seems impossible to believe that this day off absolutely could not have waited until Friday. If that is indeed the case, this constitutes some poor planning as he could have been kept out of a game in Washington.

Look, I get that the guy needs a day off now and then, but these are the most important 6 games in the second half, every one of them essentially being twice as important as others. These games needed to be highligted on the calendar and the A team available.

We will never know if the result would have been different with Yelich, but I find it really disappointing in such a critical game, against the division leaders, a chance to pull within 2, only 3 such games left, that Counsell would end up keeping our best player out of the lineup today.

I want the crew to play these guys in the playoffs so much.

That's where I am at too. I want to beat them in the playoffs badly, and I am willing to roll the dice on losing to them, which would be as painful as it gets.

I also think that although tonight wasn't the result the team and we all wanted, this series has been a big positive. It's the first time I have really seen this team not be at all "intimidated" by Chicago. Let's dance in the playoffs.

As disappointing as Thame's AB was what killed us last night was poor defense earlier in the game. You can't botch things like that and expect to beat a top team. Chicago showed us that the night before.

We have to take care of a team like the Giants this weekend and let Chicago get beat up while they have to play every day.

Yelich stuff just won't' end. His replacements went 2/4 with a 2 R HR. and he got a hit in his pinch hit appearance. This had nothing to do with the loss. Yes I'm sure they could've forced it, but let's just be real here for a minute, as if everyone wouldn't be saying the exact same things if he sat on Friday. It was certainly implied he had some physical things bothering him and they thought two days would be a good thing, they took it now and his replacements did well and he even was used and got a clutch hit at the right time. This was not why they lost.

Yelich stuff just won't' end. His replacements went 2/4 with a 2 R HR. and he got a hit in his pinch hit appearance. This had nothing to do with the loss. Yes I'm sure they could've forced it, but let's just be real here for a minute, as if everyone wouldn't be saying the exact same things if he sat on Friday. It was certainly implied he had some physical things bothering him and they thought two days would be a good thing, they took it now and his replacements did well and he even was used and got a clutch hit at the right time. This was not why they lost.

Well put! Yes, last night's game was important, but the team still holds its destiny in its hands, which makes Friday's game nearly as important as last night's. If they continue on this stretch of taking every series, they'll make the playoffs, and likely have a shot at the division going into the final series.

I finally shut am670 off last night as I got home. Every caller thanked Counsell for sitting Yelich so the Cubs can clinch the tiebreaker against us when Yelish could have sat 2 days in a row aafter the Cubs.

Although they all said Counsell is a good manager, even the announcers and experts said it was a very bad decision by Counsell as there doesnt seem to be any urgency whatsoever.

I hope our players can get enough sleep and rezt with the scheduled days off from now on because we wont make the playoffs with this nonchalant attitude

I finally shut am670 off last night as I got home. Every caller thanked Counsell for sitting Yelich so the Cubs can clinch the tiebreaker against us when Yelish could have sat 2 days in a row aafter the Cubs.

Although they all said Counsell is a good manager, even the announcers and experts said it was a very bad decision by Counsell as there doesnt seem to be any urgency whatsoever.

I hope our players can get enough sleep and rezt with the scheduled days off from now on because we wont make the playoffs with this nonchalant attitude

You keep on harping on this, and it is much ado about nothing. You do realize that the right fielders who played last night went 2-4 with a 2-run bomb, right? And Yelich delivered in a key pinch hit appearance.

You keep on harping on this, and it is much ado about nothing. You do realize that the right fielders who played last night went 2-4 with a 2-run bomb, right? And Yelich delivered in a key pinch hit appearance.

Hindsight is 20/20.

I think those who are still complaining about Yelich not starting are saying that by him not starting, it shows that CC has no sense of immediacy regarding winning baseball games in a playoff chase. Yes, it worked out that Granderson did well, and Yelich was able to make an impact later in the game, but had Granderson went 0 for 4 with 3 strike-outs, it would have been magnified even more.

The thought of benching Yelich for a day of rest before an actual full team day of rest just doesn't sit well with everyone.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Hindsight is 20/20.

I think those who are still complaining about Yelich not starting are saying that by him not starting, it shows that CC has no sense of immediacy regarding winning baseball games in a playoff chase. Yes, it worked out that Granderson did well, and Yelich was able to make an impact later in the game, but had Granderson went 0 for 4 with 3 strike-outs, it would have been magnified even more.

The thought of benching Yelich for a day of rest before an actual full team day of rest just doesn't sit well with everyone.

No doubt it was an odd decision. It is just getting blown up way more than it should be in my opinion. That's all.

Hindsight is 20/20.

No doubt it was an odd decision. It is just getting blown up way more than it should be in my opinion. That's all.

because the cubs used the game to clinch the tie breaker.

Like sitting Aaron Rodgers against the bears. Something is wrong.

Hindsight is 20/20.

because the cubs used the game to clinch the tie breaker.

Like sitting Aaron Rodgers against the bears. Something is wrong.

1) Do you think Craig Counsell wants to win the division this season?

2) Do you think Craig Counsell knew that Wednesday's game was twice as important for the divisional standings as tonight's game?

3) Do you think Craig Counsell bet money on the Cubs?

4) Do you think that Craig Counsell is so inept at his job as manager that he decides weeks in advance what days people will get a day off and doesn't adjust his strategy based on the standings, matchups or if players aren't feeling 100%?

This is the dumbest reason to hate a manager ever.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived