Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Chacín) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-4]

Eye Black
Haha same old stuff by Counsell. Insists on playing match-up with Jennings, fails, and leaves him in for the righty.

You can’t make this stuff up.

Yea seems like after Jennings gives that up you do the double switch for Burnes or whoever you're bringing in next who can pitch 2-3 innings.

Also, wouldn't the new guy from the Sox be a better lefty option?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sick of the Jennings entering in high leverage situations. Lefty, righty, it does not matter. He has failed at his job so many times, but the guy calling the shots continues to run him out there.

It is freaking maddening.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

So it's pretty sweet that now we have the pitchers' spot leading off in the bottom half, and Counsell might have to burn another pitcher or have a pitcher lead off and burn an out.

There are a million pitchers in the bullpen. I don't think using one is a problem.

If that one were Dan Jennings, then fine. But if he was going to have Burnes come in for one batter (potentially), that's silly. He could have left Chacin in to face Rizzo and take your chances then PH.

So it's pretty sweet that now we have the pitchers' spot leading off in the bottom half, and Counsell might have to burn another pitcher or have a pitcher lead off and burn an out.

There are a million pitchers in the bullpen. I don't think using one is a problem.

Well, then you'd think if he was going to make a move, he would have found one of the 999,999 pitchers in the bullpen not named Daniel Jennings.

Not sure I get all the Jennings bashing. Who else should have been put in? I sometimes feel like if anyone but Hader is put in, Brewer fans are not happy.

blue?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Not sure I get all the Jennings bashing. Who else should have been put in? I sometimes feel like if anyone but Hader is put in, Brewer fans are not happy.

#1 - Why did anyone new have to be put in?

#2 - Xavier Cedeno, an actual LOOGY, if you really must make a change.

#3 - I have to think you've only been following from afar the last month or so if you haven't seen how many times we've been burned bringing in Dan Jennings specifically for a lefty.

This game is still far from over. 5 innings over. It looked like we are going to Burnes, hopefully he can hold the Cubs for a couple innings and the bats can get going. Third time through, and eventually we'll get to a fairly shaky pen that's had trouble throwing strikes this series...even their big guns like Edwards and Cishek have struggled there.

I guess I don't see the point of using Burnes here.

Mostly the day off tomorrow I assume. Let Burnes pitch 2 innings and see if we can mount some sort of comeback...gives us a better chance to comeback if the bats are up to it.

I don't blame Cubs fans for cheering that one. Well hit and sounded good. Just not quite enough thank goodness...

Archived