Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-04: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Miley) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 runs scored basically without a basehit. Wild pitch, sac fly, sac fly, error, passed ball, and hbp. That's unpossible!
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Miley, wow the guy keeps going. Placement is perfect. Been thnking he's on house money a while but he just keeps going. And now only a few starts left, no reason to think he can't maintain it.

Sure is nice to see the opposing team giving away runs/games two nights in a row. Now just don't blow it back to them.

Guys, the science on automated strike zone is done. Do some reading and you'll learn how it works, it's done and ready to go to upper 90% accuracy. I'm all for it just simply so I don't have to see the whining each and every game. Grand scheme in theory it should all even out, but when each mistake/break occurs can impact disproportionately and swing games. I really don't see the Umpire Union beef with it either, it won't eliminate a job as you still need a home plate ump for everything else

Guys, the science on automated strike zone is done. Do some reading and you'll learn how it works, it's done and ready to go to upper 90% accuracy. I'm all for it just simply so I don't have to see the whining each and every game. Grand scheme in theory it should all even out, but when each mistake/break occurs can impact disproportionately and swing games. I really don't see the Umpire Union beef with it either, it won't eliminate a job as you still need a home plate ump for everything else

I'd prefer to roll it in like tennis has done - you get three appeals per game, it tells you within a few seconds if it was in or out.

Cain looked so lost up there that AB

That's one of the filthiest sliders I've ever seen. Starts at him and breaks into the zone for a strike. At 90 mph.

I wouldn't want any part of that either.

It was nasty. My buddy and I were saying he truly has nasty stuff but has no idea where it's going

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Miley, wow the guy keeps going. Placement is perfect. Been thnking he's on house money a while but he just keeps going. And now only a few starts left, no reason to think he can't maintain it.

Sure is nice to see the opposing team giving away runs/games two nights in a row. Now just don't blow it back to them.

Just curious, what are the numbers for human umps?

Knebel Soria Jeffress has to be the route huh?

That would be my guess if the Cubs close the gap. I don't think Jeffress pitches if the lead is maintained, though.

Good point. Up 5 in the 9th use a Barnes/Williams type. Have Jeffress fresher for tomorrow

Archived