Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-04: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Miley) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has Contreras always been this bad behind the plate? I mean this is simple catching the ball stuff...not even blocking in the dirt

He is not the greatest.

I believe he has always been a bat first player. I would guess it doesn’t help that he didn’t even begin catching games as a professional until he turned 20.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Has Contreras always been this bad behind the plate? I mean this is simple catching the ball stuff...not even blocking in the dirt

He is not the greatest.

I believe he has always been a bat first player. I would guess it doesn’t help that he didn’t even begin catching games as a professional until he turned 20.

That's fair, but twice in the last 2 games he has dropped a fastball. Like, a ball thrown directly to him. I feel like you should make that mistake once a year at most. Not complaining, just surprised.

Archived