Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-04: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Miley) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cards were 22-6 in August. That isn't going to continue.

Not sure if the Brewers and Cubs broadcasts are sharing the same CF camera, but the Cubs broadcast has a camera feed that is directly behind the pitcher's mound, not off to the side a bit. You can really see the movement in Miley's pitches. There is a lot of movement through the zone. Supports why he's having a good season.

The Cards are going to take one of the WC spots, it's a given. They are in a zone. We need to take care of our business and grab the other.

It's up to us, and no one else.

They are just one game ahead of the Dodgers for the 2nd spot who definitely have a playoff capable team. They've got a fairly tough finishing schedule. I wouldn't call it a given. Streaks come and go both ways.

The Cards are going to take one of the WC spots, it's a given. They are in a zone. We need to take care of our business and grab the other.

It's up to us, and no one else.

They are just one game ahead of the Dodgers for the 2nd spot who definitely have a playoff capable team. They've got a fairly tough finishing schedule. I wouldn't call it a given. Streaks come and go both ways.

...but, they are the Cardinals...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Miley looked good in that first inning. cutter was really moving in to right handed hitters.

Agreed, a ton of movement. I felt like he wasn't exactly sharp with his command but he was relatively close on hit spots most pitches. Overall, a good start. Clearly the guy to be careful with in this lineup is Rizzo above all others, don't mind putting him on base.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Feel free to sacrifice all you want, Cubs.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Haha for how great Arcias defense is he makes some terrible errors and many at awful times.

Every player makes some terrible errors. Cain just yesterday for example. And I wouldn't say the 2nd inning is an awful time.

I don't know that I'd call that a terrible error. He tried being quick to go home and bobbled...then made a bad throw to 1st. It was a good thought, and a tough effort.

This isn't good for the game. Last year, I felt like we were on the other end of this. Would much rather see a fairly called game and let the players decide the outcome.

Yea I don't know how much more evidence they need for the electronic K zone so this arguing and complaining doesn't have to happen over and over. These pitches one ball length one way or the other are basically impossible to tell and they're just guessing.

Archived