Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-04: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Miley) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whoever they show Miley in the dugout he has a look on his face like "I wish I was hunting bison right now."

Nope, just hunting bears. Little ones.

Miley frowns upon clubbing baby seals, but has no such reservations when it comes to baby bears.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Miley, wow the guy keeps going. Placement is perfect. Been thnking he's on house money a while but he just keeps going. And now only a few starts left, no reason to think he can't maintain it.

Sure is nice to see the opposing team giving away runs/games two nights in a row. Now just don't blow it back to them.

Guys, the science on automated strike zone is done. Do some reading and you'll learn how it works, it's done and ready to go to upper 90% accuracy. I'm all for it just simply so I don't have to see the whining each and every game. Grand scheme in theory it should all even out, but when each mistake/break occurs can impact disproportionately and swing games. I really don't see the Umpire Union beef with it either, it won't eliminate a job as you still need a home plate ump for everything else

Just curious, what are the numbers for human umps?

The key stat would be on the borderline pitches. That's what I mean. Human will have a high percent due to all the gimme calls. But instead of 50% accuracy on borderline calls like it is (of course just guessing, but it's not super high) the percent is now high and it's an agreed upon set of rules/system by all parties so no one can complain

Archived