Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-03: Cubs (Hamels) at Brewers (Davies) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Walk-Off Win on Yelich’s Bases Loaded Fielder’s Choice]

Eye Black
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shall be interesting to see what we do at SS this winter. Even if we go with Arcia as the main guy we need a better back-up plan if he continues to be terrible at the plate.

I'm no Perez guy but he's not the worst insurance policy now that 2b and 3b should be covered. solid D and mediocre hitting. yea there's better options but thats not the worst. Just hope arcia can get to 250 type basic mediocrity

I'm not really sure in the long run how serviceable Schoop is going to be at SS, but if he can be average I don't hate the idea of Schoop at SS, Shaw at 2nd, and Moose at 3rd.

Yea I agree with ya'll. But I was assuming Moose is gone so general plan of Shaw and Schoop at their spots. But as you say Schoops flex could lead to adding someone else. Whatever, a Dozier/Murphy etc type on a one year deal to play 2B. It provides options.

For Arcia, yea I basically meant his 2017 stat line but 20ish points lower on on the averages and similar slight decrease in power. Just didn't wanna write out a whole statline. Just kind of that baseline adequacy.

The refusal to see the big picture is what is troubling. Like, fans are making their opinion based on a few early-season starts. Plus, it's a baseball message board. Differing opinions is kinda what makes the world go round.

and that is my point... Differing opinions is kinda what makes the world go round.

What you see as the big picture is not always the same as what others see as the big picture. It is kind of condescending to suggest that your big picture is more accurate than other's big picture.

By the way, I agree with you on Davies. If he pitches like he did last year, we just got better. I have no ill will against the guy.

I just find it odd that so many judge other's viewpoints as incorrect because they don't line up with their own.

Let's see if you take your own advice next time there's a disagreement about CC. Your opinions seem to be dominant in those cases.

Lot's of hot takes on Santana here. It was one at bat where the pitcher made some good pitches. Probably can hold off on crucifying him. I think he will end up having some big hits for us this September.

I sure hope so. Tons of talent there. I think he just needs to get out of his own head. I've hated his approach all season.

I agree it was one at bat. But that and the one vs the Nats, his approach looks about the same as it did before. Not really a hot take as much as it's a body of work this year take. LOL. I'm disappointed he didn't at least maintain close to last year, would have been a nice help when we were really struggling in July. If if's and buts were candy and nuts...

The refusal to see the big picture is what is troubling. Like, fans are making their opinion based on a few early-season starts. Plus, it's a baseball message board. Differing opinions is kinda what makes the world go round.

and that is my point... Differing opinions is kinda what makes the world go round.

What you see as the big picture is not always the same as what others see as the big picture. It is kind of condescending to suggest that your big picture is more accurate than other's big picture.

By the way, I agree with you on Davies. If he pitches like he did last year, we just got better. I have no ill will against the guy.

I just find it odd that so many judge other's viewpoints as incorrect because they don't line up with their own.

I guess it was more of an argument against those who were vehemently against Davies coming back up, or argued that his solid minor league outings didn't mean anything because they were minor league outings. Davies is coming back with a fresh arm and likely a chip on his shoulder.

I don't view respectful arguments as condescending.

Heck of a start from Davies. Only 5 innings but kept us in it.

Only went 5, but could have probably gone more... I'm fine with pulling him, but why not put him out there for the 6th until he allows a baserunner? Too early to pinch hit him imo when he was cruising along just fine.

He was only at 84 pitches, but in a high leverage situation in his first game back, I was OK with it. He could have maybe gone one more inning, but with a runner on and the offense not doing much, you almost gotta try to capitalize when you can. Granted, a Davies sacrifice bunt would have been more valuable there, but you send a powerful pinch batter up there hoping he can park one.

I honestly thought Davies was toast for the year. Probably much like the Rangers (and many of us) thought Hamels was toast this year.

I thought either he was hiding a further injury or maybe had lost it somehow on the mental side.

I tip my cap to him today... great start... and if he is like the GOOD Davies ... (the non first month Davies), that would be HUGE!!!!

Lets get this game, and this series.

Pull Hader. He's only thrown 17 pitches. He should be able to come back on Wednesday to help us hopefully win another ball game.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Hader at 17 pitches through 2 innings. Really have to think he goes a third, unless the Brewers put up 3 or more runs this inning.

Murphy and maybe Rizzo up next inning too. Seems to make sense with how sharp he's been. You know he's not available the next two days but so be it.

Assuming Hader can get 3 up 3 down in the 7th and is at about 20-25 pitches, does he go a 3rd? Knowing he's probably done for the series?

17 pitches. Definitely sending him out for a 3rd inning. If he only ends up throwing ~30 pitches he should be available if need be on wednesday too. Heck, I might even send him out for a 4th if he keeps needing only 8-9 pitches per inning, but having Jeffress close it out is fine too.

Do you pull Hader now and keep him available for tomorrow or Wednesday? Or have him go another inning, which will almost certainly take him out of the rest of the series? He is only at 17 pitches through 2 and could probably go another 2 innings on Wednesday if needed.

Assuming Hader can get 3 up 3 down in the 7th and is at about 20-25 pitches, does he go a 3rd? Knowing he's probably done for the series?

17 pitches. Definitely sending him out for a 3rd inning. If he only ends up throwing ~30 pitches he should be available if need be on wednesday too. Heck, I might even send him out for a 4th if he keeps needing only 8-9 pitches per inning, but having Jeffress close it out is fine too.

Haha Counsell pitch Hader 3 innings and then use him two days later on one days rest? Pinch me when it happens.

Do you pull Hader now and keep him available for tomorrow or Wednesday? Or have him go another inning, which will almost certainly take him out of the rest of the series? He is only at 17 pitches through 2 and could probably go another 2 innings on Wednesday if needed.

With how much they baby him (for lack of better word) it wouldn't surprise me if he's unavailable the next two anyway. So might as well go all three innings.

Archived