Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-03: Cubs (Hamels) at Brewers (Davies) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Walk-Off Win on Yelich’s Bases Loaded Fielder’s Choice]

Eye Black
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And now is where it’ll get interesting for Davies. Has pitched well for four innings but we are headed to the third time through in the 5th and 6th innings. Hope Counsell is ready with a plan.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

And now is where it’ll get interesting for Davies. Has pitched well for four innings but we are headed to the third time through in the 5th and 6th innings. Hope Counsell is ready with a plan.

Mat Albers will start warming up after 4 runs are given up or the bases get loaded with no outs. Which ever comes first

As for crowds, I avoid these games. I will hardly ever attend a opening day or Cubs game. Just my personal preference to avoid the drama, idiots, college kids puking in the parking lot, etc. Seen enough fights broke up by the police on horses, and cars damaged.

Now a playoff series... bring on the drama, lol

The fact that Cole Hamels is dominating is troubling. I truly thought he was cooked.

Frustrating to watch.

Hamels struggles and the Cubs put him in their rotation. Gio struggles and we seem to not be interested in pitching him.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If I'm the Rangers I'm legitimately pretty annoyed with Hamels. I get having some degree of change of scenery improvement, but when you go from a completely washed up turd to a reborn bonafide ace literally overnight just by putting on a new uniform and entering a pennant race, I definitely question how much he was giving the Rangers.

No kidding, there’s been nothing said about a mechanical change or anything like that. If his care meter was just off, not putting in the work, lack of focus, whatever it was... then going to be tough to answer questions that will be coming about the change.

The fact that Cole Hamels is dominating is troubling. I truly thought he was cooked.

Frustrating to watch.

Hamels struggles and the Cubs put him in their rotation. Gio struggles and we seem to not be interested in pitching him.

They seem to have a plan for everyone, and I'm sure that includes Gio too. Could be taking a look at his mechanics to see if there is anything that needs tweaking that may lead to better results before throwing him out there.

It’s only disappointing if you went into it thinking we were better than the Cubs. We just aren’t. Doesn’t mean we cannot hang and beat them a couple times at home but we just aren’t there yet. Baseball is funny. It’s why we watch.

Frustrating to watch.

Differences in organizations. One has a plan one has two third baseman and neither is in the lineup among other head scratching decisions.

Archived