Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-03: Cubs (Hamels) at Brewers (Davies) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Walk-Off Win on Yelich’s Bases Loaded Fielder’s Choice]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
inauspicious beginning
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And arguably our best defender to boot
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

LOL at the play and the crowd. Embarrassing on both accounts.

The Cubs play in a city that has literally over 6x the times the population of Milwaukee and is only 90 minutes away (less for people on the far north side). This is not embarrassing it's geography.

I was walking into the game today from the bike and walking trail by the VA and there was a group of Cubs fans trying to drive down that trail towards MP, looking for the “free parking they had heard about.” I’m sure they’ll find their free parking in the VA parking lot — I hope they get towed.

Do they tow from the VA hospital now?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The Cubs play in a city that has literally over 6x the times the population of Milwaukee and is only 90 minutes away (less for people on the far north side). This is not embarrassing it's geography.

In my opinion, it's embarrassing.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Yea, they literally refer to us as Wrigley north when playing us.

In my opinion, it's embarrassing.

Then buy a ticket and go to the game.

I was walking into the game today from the bike and walking trail by the VA and there was a group of Cubs fans trying to drive down that trail towards MP, looking for the “free parking they had heard about.” I’m sure they’ll find their free parking in the VA parking lot — I hope they get towed.

Do they tow from the VA hospital now?

I sure hope so. I just hope those dumb Cubs bros think they hacked the system and they walk back to the lot with there car nowhere to be found

If it's any consolation Baez would've scored on Bryant's fly ball anyway.

But he would have been out with a good throw and would not have been at 3rd to score. Regardless, risky decision to send baez there this early and they got lucky.

It’s a little embrrassing that out fan base prefers to sell out instead of go to the game.

I understand it and I don’t blame people, but pretty embarrassing.

It’s a little embrrassing that out fan base prefers to sell out instead of go to the game.

I understand it and I don’t blame people, but pretty embarrassing.

I don't think you can blame brewer fans completely. I'd bet a large majority of the cubs fans at the game today have had tickets since march to this game. As said before, their fan base is larger so more of their fans are likely to get tickets claimed before brewers fans.

Brewers really need Aguilar to get back on track in Sept. He's only hitting like .229 post all star break. Good start for him today.

I don't think you can blame brewer fans completely. I'd bet a large majority of the cubs fans at the game today have had tickets since march to this game. As said before, their fan base is larger so more of their fans are likely to get tickets claimed before brewers fans.

You can't underestimate how many Wisconsinites are Cub fans, too. There are a lot. Miller Park tickets are easier to score than Wrigley tickets as well.

Archived