Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-03: Cubs (Hamels) at Brewers (Davies) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Walk-Off Win on Yelich’s Bases Loaded Fielder’s Choice]

Eye Black
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keeping the bunt sign on with 2 strikes there was worse than any bullpen move Counsell has made all season and it isn't even close.

Surprised more people aren't complaining about it.

Bunting with 2 strikes in any situation with anyone that isn't a pitcher is a horrendously terrible move.

the most brewers way to beat the cubs

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Have to say though, Bryant really botched that. Obviously tough decision in the spur of the moment what to do.

It's a hard play to make when you're going to your right and have to throw cross-body to home. Would've had to stop, plant, and throw home and he knows full well that Broxton's at 3B with a lead. I think that if he goes home it's far from a sure thing, maybe 50/50 at best.

Cardinals, Braves and Phillies have all lost already. Rockies are up by 2 against the Giants. Unfortunately the Sneks and Dodgers are at home to the Padres and Mets, but obviously in baseball anything can happen. As this game was a great reminder of.

All in all, a very, very good day regardless of what else happens.

Have to say though, Bryant really botched that. Obviously tough decision in the spur of the moment what to do.

It's a hard play to make when you're going to your right and have to throw cross-body to home. Would've had to stop, plant, and throw home and he knows full well that Broxton's at 3B with a lead. I think that if he goes home it's far from a sure thing, maybe 50/50 at best.

But getting up, running to 3rd and having to turn around and throw the other direction vs a fast runner is almost impossible. Pop up and go home you should still be alive another batter

He's out easy. Broxton froze on the linedrive. It's probably a double play home to first.

Stupid play by Bryant

It is in hindsight for sure but I understand it. He knows Broxton is very fast and he knows that he is towards the line so isn't going to have a good throwing lane home. He was moving towards the third base line before the ball was even hit and his head is also pointed away from home so to get a good throw he is going to have to reposition his feet. I think that decision is a lot more difficult than people are going to give it credit for.

For Broxton's part he got a bad jump on the play so I think Bryant probably does get him at home, but I'm not 100% sure Bryant knows he got that bad jump in real time.

But getting up, running to 3rd and having to turn around and throw the other direction vs a fast runner is almost impossible. Pop up and go home you should still be alive another batter

In the replays Broxton got a horrible jump. If he goes home he’s out by a mile.

He's out easy. Broxton froze on the linedrive. It's probably a double play home to first.

I'd put it at 60/40, but would still take it over trying to go 5-3 unless you have Johnny Estrada running up the first base line.

Great win........didnt disagree with 1 decision CC made today other then 2 strike bunt. Rizzo's Homer first ever given up to a leftie by Hader in his career.

2 days in a row we took advantage of wildness by other team to score big runs.

Davies looked like himself for first time all year.

Great win........didnt disagree with 1 decision CC made today. Bryant's Homer first ever given up to a leftie by Hader in his career.

2 days in a row we took advantage of wildness by other team to score big runs.

Davies looked like himself for first time all year.

Yeah I don't disagree with anything he did in the pen, Rizzo just beat Hader, it happens.

Or pretty much anything other than having Granderson bunt with 2 strikes which is statistically just a really awful decision even if Granderson was a terrible hitter and elite bunter. Fortunately it didn't come back to bite him so we aren't talking about it but if things went awry in the 9th it would be different.

Its never a double play home to first though, by the time he shifts his body and throws home Yelich is safe at 1st easily. Its probably an out at home because of the bad jump though.

It might not be a double play, but at least Bryant prevents the winning run from scoring. Two outs and live to see another batter.

Archived