Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-03: Cubs (Hamels) at Brewers (Davies) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Walk-Off Win on Yelich’s Bases Loaded Fielder’s Choice]

Eye Black
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Counsell just can't win man.

True but leaving a hard thrower like Hader in there for three innings is risky. I was really surprised to see him come back out for the 8th.

Starter his whole minor league career, pitched 3 innings multiple times this year, only 17 pitches. Only thing that was risky is the Cubs lineup. He was still the right choice.

That’s the one complaint I have against Yelich. There have been quite a few times there have been two on with no outs this season and he decides to lose all discipline and strikes out badly. He’s done so much for the team, but we need to move those runners over.

Are people seriously saying we should have bunted with one of the best hitters in baseball? He struck out. It happens.

Can't happen there. Swung at three balls.

the guy had a bad AB. Doesn't mean the manager should've taken the bat out of his hands. He just had a clutch hit last time up. Can't come through every time

That’s the one complaint I have against Yelich. There have been quite a few times there have been two on with no outs this season and he decides to lose all discipline and strikes out badly. He’s done so much for the team, but we need to move those runners over.

I don’t want to make it seem like I’m complaining about Yelich. He’s amazing. It’s just certain circumstances where I wished he came through.

Archived