Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-03: Cubs (Hamels) at Brewers (Davies) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Walk-Off Win on Yelich’s Bases Loaded Fielder’s Choice]

Eye Black

HCbNvlt.jpg

HCbNNdR.jpg

[pre]Cubs Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Daniel Murphy (L) 2B 1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. Javier Baez ® 3B 2. Christian Yelich (L) RF

3. Anthony Rizzo (L) 1B 3. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B

4. Kris Bryant ® RF 4. Ryan Braun ® LF

5. Kyle Schwarber (L) LF 5. Hernán Pérez ® 3B

6. Addison Russell ® SS 6. Jonathan Schoop ® 2B

7. Victor Caratini (S) C 7. Erik Kratz ® C

8. Cole Hamels (L) P 8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. Ian Happ (S) CF 9. Zach Davies ® P[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
bDdZThn.png
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Why bench both Moose and Shaw on the same day? I get it, he's playing the match-ups, so then why is Yelich in there? (I don't want Yelich benched for the lefty, just saying...)

Imo, at the very least, one of the two should be in the line-up every single day, no matter who is pitching against us.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'm nervous about Davies being called back up...and then opening the series against Chicago. Hopefully I will be proven wrong, but there's a psychological impact when your offense knows you may have to bail a guy out in the first couple innings...or give him a solid lead to work with.

I'm nervous about Davies being called back up...and then opening the series against Chicago. Hopefully I will be proven wrong, but there's a psychological impact when your offense knows you may have to bail a guy out in the first couple innings...or give him a solid lead to work with.

Welcome to the board!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The fan ratio is going to be very bad today

It will be good as long as the score ratio is good! We beat the Cubs into submission at Miller Park often enough and the Cubs fans won't ever want to come back! Defend your home turf, Brewers!

Why bench both Moose and Shaw on the same day? I get it, he's playing the match-ups, so then why is Yelich in there? (I don't want Yelich benched for the lefty, just saying...)

Yelich has reverse splits, hitting .340 against lefties.

I was walking into the game today from the bike and walking trail by the VA and there was a group of Cubs fans trying to drive down that trail towards MP, looking for the “free parking they had heard about.” I’m sure they’ll find their free parking in the VA parking lot — I hope they get towed.

Of course the Cardinals have already hung two on Scherzer.

GTFO! Ugh

Turner hit a dinger. 2 - 1 Cards

Archived