Brewer Fanatic

2018 Green Bay Packers Season Thread: 6-9-1: Mike McCarthy Fired, Philbin Interim HC

pacopete4
Matthews should have been cut, better ways to spend 10 million.

You cut him, and it isn't like they can just spend that money somewhere else. He has guaranteed money. Lots of dead money if they cut him.

Nope, very little dead cap money if they would have cut him.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matthews should have been cut, better ways to spend 10 million.

You cut him, and it isn't like they can just spend that money somewhere else. He has guaranteed money. Lots of dead money if they cut him.

Nope, very little dead cap money if they would have cut him.

Hmm, I could be mistaken. Still need someone to rush the passer, though. Free agent options were pretty bad this year, and obviously they struck out on their play for Mack. Why they aren't targeting the pass rush high in the draft is anyone's guess.

On another note, I have a question for Clinton-Dix. What is it you would say you do around here? Really, only time I see him is when he runs up to watch someone else make a tackle.

He has people skills. He handles the customers so the engineers don't have to.

Well, good thing the Brewers are good this year ;)

Man, if Rodgers is hurt bad, this is gonna be a rough year.

They looked bad even with Rodgers, so I don't really think Rodgers was going to make a huge difference.

LOL are you serious with this. You can't be serious with this. You meant blue, right?

Rodgers' talent has made a marginally talented team into a title contender for years.

Our receivers can't get open. I don't care how good Rodgers is, if your receivers can't get open, your QB is marginalized.

Yeah, I guess we'll find out. I don't see what the front office sees every day from these guys, in terms of how they practice and what their workouts are like, so maybe they know the writing is on the wall for Jordy. I'm just hoping we don't miss his experience by the time this year is over. This receiving corps could have used his experience and example in how to prepare for games and put yourself in a position to be successful.

I'll be watching him with the Raiders. He may even put up decent numbers as a security blanket slot guy. Those do have value. But keeping him would take up a decent amount of money to get similar production you are going to get out of Allison and the other young wideouts. A good comparison will be to compare what Jordy does to the numbers that Jimmy Graham puts up this year. If they keep Jordy, it's unlikely they sign Graham.

Yeah, I guess we'll find out. I don't see what the front office sees every day from these guys, in terms of how they practice and what their workouts are like, so maybe they know the writing is on the wall for Jordy. I'm just hoping we don't miss his experience by the time this year is over. This receiving corps could have used his experience and example in how to prepare for games and put yourself in a position to be successful.

I'll be watching him with the Raiders. He may even put up decent numbers as a security blanket slot guy. Those do have value. But keeping him would take up a decent amount of money to get similar production you are going to get out of Allison and the other young wideouts. A good comparison will be to compare what Jordy does to the numbers that Jimmy Graham puts up this year. If they keep Jordy, it's unlikely they sign Graham.

Good point. Presented that way, I have more confidence in Graham outproducing Jordy, but we'll see. He hasn't done much yet.

Our receivers can't get open. I don't care how good Rodgers is, if your receivers can't get open, your QB is marginalized.

Jordy Nelson spent all of 2016 not getting open, and rode it to Comeback Player of the Year. An all world QB can make marginal talent look great. Also, you were writing off the team based on one half of football?

On another note, I have a question for Clinton-Dix. What is it you would say you do around here? Really, only time I see him is when he runs up to watch someone else make a tackle.

He heard you, lol.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived