Brewer Fanatic

2018 Green Bay Packers Season Thread: 6-9-1: Mike McCarthy Fired, Philbin Interim HC

pacopete4
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, good thing the Brewers are good this year ;)

Man, if Rodgers is hurt bad, this is gonna be a rough year.

They looked bad even with Rodgers, so I don't really think Rodgers was going to make a huge difference.

LOL are you serious with this. You can't be serious with this. You meant blue, right?

Rodgers' talent has made a marginally talented team into a title contender for years.

So, I'm trying to unpack the logic here: they extend Rodgers at the highest guaranteed rate in NFL history, but decide to allow 40% of the line deteriorate, a line which is the absolutely most important thing that can make that QB investment hold up over time. Even if that is Gutekunst's only mistake (and goodness knows, TT carries some of that responsibility, but its Gute's show now), that alone may be enough to doom his tenure before it even gets going.

Wisconsin turns its lonely eyes to the Brewers. I have a feeling this is going to be a long, cold winter once baseball wraps up. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

So, I'm trying to unpack the logic here: they extend Rodgers at the highest guaranteed rate in NFL history, but decide to allow 40% of the line deteriorate, a line which is the absolutely most important thing that can make that QB investment hold up over time. Even if that is Gutekunst's only mistake (and goodness knows, TT carries some of that responsibility, but its Gute's show now), that alone may be enough to doom his tenure before it even gets going.

Wisconsin turns its lonely eyes to the Brewers. I have a feeling this is going to be a long, cold winter once baseball wraps up. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

But don't worry, (the title contending) medicore er i mean superstar Milwaukee Bucks will be underway.

Badgers should be good. Also sounds like Rodgers might give it a go. There is hope!

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Rodgers looks like he's coming in. If he doesn't lead them to a score here, I'd think about pulling him. This offensive line cannot keep him upright.

They can't let him just run around and freestyle back there, that is for darn sure. 3-step drops, screens, run plays, or get him the heck out of there.

I'd probably pack it in for the night and play for next week and the other 15 games rather than risk Rodgers getting hurt worse tonight.

Defense is still pathetic.

Offensive line is still slow, slow, slow and bad at blocking.

Ho hum. When do pitchers and catchers report? (What? The Brewers are in the playoff hunt? Am I a bit early with the comment about spring training?)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Matthews should have been cut, better ways to spend 10 million.

Yeah, on Jordy Nelson, for instance...

Jordy was/is done. Can't run anymore.

Yeah, I guess we'll find out. I don't see what the front office sees every day from these guys, in terms of how they practice and what their workouts are like, so maybe they know the writing is on the wall for Jordy. I'm just hoping we don't miss his experience by the time this year is over. This receiving corps could have used his experience and example in how to prepare for games and put yourself in a position to be successful.

Archived