Brewer Fanatic

2018 Green Bay Packers Season Thread: 6-9-1: Mike McCarthy Fired, Philbin Interim HC

pacopete4
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rodgers continues to be short on throws late in games. It is just so odd.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Crosby: Miss against Minnesota for a win, the Lions fiasco, and then this miss today against Arizona. Might as well go find a younger, cheaper kicker while we are at it with firing people.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This may just be anecdotal, but I have never really felt good with Crosby kicking game-tying or game-winning kicks. I don't have any data in front of me, but he seems like a Vanderjagt that blows a lot of big ones or they just barely squeak in by the grace of god. I don't recall him drilling many big time kicks. The one that sticks out is the one he hammered into the wind to force OT in the 2014 NFCCG. The 2016 Dallas playoff game too, but that ball seem to get assisted by God when it turned.

I wonder if his left leg injury from earlier in the year is still causing him some issues? Might not be in too much pain, but if it is tight or just “doesn’t feel right”, throwing could be uncomfortable.

Him needing to throw off of his back leg all the time and not planting his injured leg would make sense why the majority of his missed throws this season are left short.

I wonder if his left leg injury from earlier in the year is still causing him some issues? Might not be in too much pain, but if it is tight or just “doesn’t feel right”, throwing could be uncomfortable.

Him needing to throw off of his back leg all the time and not planting his injured leg would make sense why the majority of his missed throws this season are left short.

Well, we’re at the point where someone needs to whisper in MM’s ear that it’s time to rest Rodgers. As long as he’s getting paid that kind of money, he is the franchise, and there’s nothing left to play for but pride. Mike, thanks for the memories, here’s a Rolex, see you in five years for a GB Hall of Fame induction. Best of luck on your future endeavors.

What the hell happened today?

51 passing plays, 11 carries for Jones in a poor weather game. Really?

Jones had to of made McCarthy mad on the run where he backed up 2yards trying to reverse field losing more yards than the 2 he would have. Wasn't in the game again until the rushing td. The last play on the 4th possession after!

This is #1 reason MM should be fired immediately. He has done this over and over again not playing Jones in 2nd half. He just can't playcall for any offense but leaving it in Rodgers hands. I feel almost like MM only has an entire 15plays drawn up for running plays in the Packers playbook. How did Arizona turn the game in their favor? Their playmaking RB took 5carries 51 yards. Rosen went 33. Gash for some big yards open up the field. Why not play both RBs on the field vs the rookie filled 4WR set who frustrate Rodgers by not being on same page? Another dud for the O-line. Arz's line pushing their RB forward. Gb's? Just a cpl yards to walk to the huddle whats the point of pushing past the line of scrimmage?

The team is lost. The urgency to win is not being shown on the field. Defense I'd say giving more effort, but Offense is an absolute embarrassment watching.

I was through with McCarthy after the embarrassing loss to Seattle in the playoffs... Just been waiting for the axe to fall for years... Murphy is part of the problem... Way too slow getting rid of Ted Thompson and now with McCarthy. Wouldn't mind seeing the board dump him and bring in a new President who restructures the team back to what makes sense and not the twisted crap Murphy created by not having McCarthy report to Gute... This isn't nearly as bad as the need to clean house back in the early 90's, but this is an organization that has a very questionable leader who keeps NOT making the necessary decision or when he does make a decision, gets it wrong (reporting structure).

I was through with McCarthy after the embarrassing loss to Seattle in the playoffs... Just been waiting for the axe to fall for years... Murphy is part of the problem... Way too slow getting rid of Ted Thompson and now with McCarthy.

Mark Murphy does not get enough blame. Ted Thompson gets too much. We all knew Thompson wasn’t right the last few years and Murphy did nothing.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
At this point I am totally fine going 4 - 11 - 1. That's a top 10 pick.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I have a sneaking suspicion that the leadership structure is a facade. McCarthy will be fired and they'll announce Gute has full authority over coaching. I think they just did it last season because McCarthy threw a hissy fit and they wanted to calm him down. Mistake #1, but I don't buy that Murphy will really be calling those shots.

Chicken poop front office. Bunch of cowards that will never take the blame they fully deserve.

Archived