Brewer Fanatic

Postseason 25-Man Roster Prediction

obobo55new
C: Kratz Pina

IF: Aguilar Shaw Arcia Moose Schoop Perez

OF: Yelich Cain Braun Granderson

SP: Miley, Davies, Chacin Peralta

RP: Jeffress Hader Knebal Soria Burnes Woodruff Guerra Cedeno Gio

Normally would start Gio over Davies but I'd rather have the righty going against Colorado. Game 2 could be utilized as a bullpen game

For me, it wasn't a close call to put Santana on the roster - I like having that third center fielder (OK, he's not the best defensively, but he's still an option). Davies has been hurt and of dubious effectiveness this year.

C'mon clancy ... the only way that Santana would ever see a second of time in CF is if Cain, Yelich, Granderson and Perez all got hurt, and if Broxton didn't make the roster. There is absolutely no way he would be considered an option out there. None.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At the start of all this talk nobody even had Peralta on the 25 man except for me. I even went out on a limb saying he's a candidate to start. Now all the sudden everybody's acting like it's a foregone conclusion. Interesting swing.

It's all about matchups. Peralta matches up much better with the Rockies than he would with the Cubs.

At the start of all this talk nobody even had Peralta on the 25 man except for me. I even went out on a limb saying he's a candidate to start. Now all the sudden everybody's acting like it's a foregone conclusion. Interesting swing.

Sometimes depends on the opponent. Rockies have Blackmon batting leadoff and then Parra/Dahl but their big time guys Story and Arenado are right handed. Probably shouldn't have Peralta facing too many lefties but Peralta can be an asset in this series.

If you have an "ace" or "aces" you just pitch them, no matter what the match ups are. Does anyone believe that Stearns wanted to play match ups come post season? Maybe he stumbled upon something, I don't know. We will find out shortly.

But that's the thing, we don't have one. Chacin is the closest thing and he's the only one I can see getting a start in the traditional sense.

I can honestly see us basically going bullpen days/matchups in every game but Chacin's start. Maybe Gio gets a traditional leash too. Miley...I can't see it.

It would be unprecedented to carry 13 pitchers on the postseason roster, but I don't think it's impossible.

It's all about matchups. Peralta matches up much better with the Rockies than he would with the Cubs.

Yeah, been saying that for weeks. If I'm not mistaken, the Rockies have been a possible matchup for quite some time. Yet, Peralta was noticeably absent from everyone's 25 man. Now, all of the sudden without any announcement from the team or push from the media, something has changed. Just an observation. I've been pushing those matchup numbers, his dominance vs RHB, and what I'm hearing from those in the know for weeks now. It seems like some of it stuck.

It's simply interesting that a guy everyone was ignoring is magically being added in everyone's predictions without an explanation for the change in heart.

Yeah, been saying that for weeks. If I'm not mistaken, the Rockies have been a possible matchup for quite some time. Yet, Peralta was noticeably absent from everyone's 25 man. Now, all of the sudden without any announcement from the team or push from the media, something has changed. Just an observation. I've been pushing those matchup numbers, his dominance vs RHB, and what I'm hearing from those in the know for weeks now. It seems like some of it stuck.

It's simply interesting that a guy everyone was ignoring is magically being added in everyone's predictions without an explanation for the change in heart.

Are you looking for a pat on the back and a "good job"?

I think most everyone has seen Peralta for what he is ... a very young, inconsistent guy with electric stuff and a potentially solid future. If there is a chance that his perepherals point to the idea that he can be an asset on the NLDS roster, he'll be on it. I'm not going to lose sleep if he doesn't make the roster, though. If he does, I imagine he's one of the final guys, unless they plan on starting him in one of the first four games.

c: Pina, Kratz

IF: Aguilar, Schoop, Shaw, Moustakas, Arcia, Perez

OF: Yelich, Braun, Cain, Granderson, Santana

SP: Miley, Gonzalez, Chacin, Peralta

RP: Jeffress, Knebel, Hader, Soria, Cedeno, Burnes, Woodruff, Guerra

This is exactly my roster as well. I would love to find a way to get Broxton on there... but I think the extra arm is needed.

I'd be good taking Cedano out. That's not based on the stats, just on my gut..which I undersetand most wouldn't agree with. But I did not like seeing Cedano pitch when he did in game 163.

I'm hoping Burnes and Woodruff throw multiple innings in multiple games. Hell, same with Guerra. His splitter in shorter stints, 2-3 innings is devastating. At least it has been.

Also, how many teams would guys like Barnes and Jennings not make in a given year? Those are two good relievers, especially good back of the pen arms and they've got virtually zero shot.

Can't help but wish that the two guys we hoped would be atop our rotation 2-3 years ago could pitch, Nelson and Wily Peralta, but wishing doesn't do much good.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

The explanation was given. Matchup. When most of these roster predictions were made early on the assumption was that we would be a Wild Card which would have definitely matched us up against the Cubs in the NLDS.

I think most everyone has seen Peralta for what he is ... a very young, inconsistent guy with electric stuff and a potentially solid future. If there is a chance that his perepherals point to the idea that he can be an asset on the NLDS roster, he'll be on it. I'm not going to lose sleep if he doesn't make the roster, though. If he does, I imagine he's one of the final guys, unless they plan on starting him in one of the first four games.

See, that's not necessary. Not at all. I'm admittedly expressing frustration that a week ago I couldn't even generate a response to the idea that Peralta should be on the 25 man, much less get a start. No replies, no one putting him on the 25-man. And now today he's appearing everywhere like it's a revelation. He's Hader-level dominant vs RHB like I said a week ago when it seemed to have no impact. There has to be a use for that. We'll see soon and I can't wait.

See, that's not necessary. Not at all. I'm admittedly expressing frustration that a week ago I couldn't even generate a response to the idea that Peralta should be on the 25 man, much less get a start. No replies, no one putting him on the 25-man. And now today he's appearing everywhere like it's a revelation. He's Hader-level dominant vs RHB like I said a week ago when it seemed to have no impact. There has to be a use for that. We'll see soon and I can't wait.

I took it the same way, like you were looking for a pat on the back...

*pat*pat*

Nice job.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

[sarcasm]I've been telling you that the innings he's logged will pay dividends in the future as you wanted him shipped off to AAA. Can I get a pat on the back?[/sarcasm] :laughing :rolleyes :laughing

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

[sarcasm]I've been telling you that the innings he's logged will pay dividends in the future as you wanted him shipped off to AAA. Can I get a pat on the back?[/sarcasm] :laughing :rolleyes :laughing

Yes, of course.

But ... I also remember you anointing Brad Miller as the solution to the team's SS troubles. So you only get one pat ;)

My original omission of Peralta was that he hadn't pitched in quite a while. I thought the team had shut him down. Then they threw him again in a pivotal game against the Cards. He showed he could be effective for multiple innings particularly facing righties. Check out the Rockies lineup and if he can nullify their righties even just once through the lineup or in multiple outings of an inning apiece...that is your answer.

Yes, of course.

But ... I also remember you anointing Brad Miller as the solution to the team's SS troubles. So you only get one pat ;)

The fun part of all of this is we could go on for awhile with this. :laughing

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Just announced bullpen in first game....'no starter named yet

Chacin on short rest in game 2.....will not pitch as deep per CC

It's been leading up to this point all year. With all the dominant relievers that can go multiple innings, it makes sense. Give the ball to your best pitchers, and let them do their jobs. Will be fun to watch it play out.

I had Peralta #1 on my prospect list for quite a while, and have said several times in IGTs he should be used in the post-season. One pat owed me.

Also said as frustrating as it can be, stick with Arcia, he will come around. Two pats owed me.

Finally, said Santana will be a factor down the stretch. That's one....two...threeeee pats for FV Brewerfan hahahahaha

Archived