Brewer Fanatic

Postseason 25-Man Roster Prediction

obobo55new
I prefer Broxon in the COL outfield. I hope they find a way to get him on.

Only problem is, that means he has to hit. We can't afford his offensive hole in the line-up.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I prefer Broxon in the COL outfield. I hope they find a way to get him on.

Only problem is, that means he has to hit. We can't afford his offensive hole in the line-up.

He strikes out way too much, but the guy is basically a .700 ops hitter and has a lot of power, but I think I take that risk for a pinch runner and a superb defender. If we are in a 1-run game in the 9th or needing to manufacture a run when Erik Kratz gets a single, I think it is worth having him on the roster.

If you have an "ace" or "aces" you just pitch them, no matter what the match ups are. Does anyone believe that Stearns wanted to play match ups come post season? Maybe he stumbled upon something, I don't know. We will find out shortly.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If you have an "ace" or "aces" you just pitch them, no matter what the match ups are. Does anyone believe that Stearns wanted to play match ups come post season? Maybe he stumbled upon something, I don't know. We will find out shortly.

Well Chacin is this team's ace, but they aren't going to throw him on 3 days rest .... are they?

1 - Miley

2 - Gio

3 - Chacin

4 - Peralta/Bullpen

This makes the most sense to me.

Also, I'll repeat the question someone else asked earlier this morning. Anyone know when they will announce the 25 man roster, or when's the deadline?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I wonder if they’d take Broxton over Grandy? Tough call. Broxton would give a defensive replacement late and maybe speed. Curtis brings a veteran presence and potential for some hits in clutch situations. You do have Perez who is versatile and could play all over in case they decide to keep Grandy.

You’ve got to keep Santana. He’s been instrumental down the stretch.

I wonder if they’d take Broxton over Grandy? Tough call. Broxton would give a defensive replacement late and maybe speed. Curtis brings a veteran presence and potential for some hits in clutch situations. You do have Perez who is versatile and could play all over in case they decide to keep Grandy.

They didn't trade for Granderson to not have him in the playoffs. He's a lock to make the roster in my opinion. It's going to come down to whether they want Domingo's bat for pinch hitting opportunities, or Broxton's baserunning and defense for late game moves.

1 - Miley

2 - Gio

3 - Chacin

4 - Peralta/Bullpen

This makes the most sense to me.

Also, I'll repeat the question someone else asked earlier this morning. Anyone know when they will announce the 25 man roster, or when's the deadline?

I'm also on board with this however I am biting my hand hard in doing so ... because throwing two lefties against Colorado and THEN going to play 2 games at their place could be a tough ask.

I almost want Peralta to piggy back the first two games. If either Miley or Gio get in trouble... it is a quick hook and Peralta is on to clean up. If both Wade and Gio get through ok ... Peralta gets Game 4.

They didn't trade for Granderson to not have him in the playoffs. He's a lock to make the roster in my opinion. It's going to come down to whether they want Domingo's bat for pinch hitting opportunities, or Broxton's baserunning and defense for late game moves.

I really like Granderson's approach at the plate and was wondering why they chose to pinch hit Thames over Granderson in several situations in the past few weeks. I sure hope he would make the playoff roster.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Guys they're not going to start Broxton in a playoff game over one of Cain, Yelich, Braun. If he's on the roster, sure pinch run or late game D replacement but he's not going to start barring injury. It's not like any of the 3 starters are liabilities on D like a Thames would be.

Guys they're not going to start Broxton in a playoff game over one of Cain, Yelich, Braun. If he's on the roster, sure pinch run or late game D replacement but he's not going to start barring injury. It's not like any of the 3 starters are liabilities on D like a Thames would be.

Let's hope not

129095170.jpg

c: Pina, Kratz

IF: Aguilar, Schoop, Shaw, Moustakas, Arcia, Perez

OF: Yelich, Braun, Cain, Granderson, Santana

SP: Miley, Gonzalez, Chacin, Peralta

RP: Jeffress, Knebel, Hader, Soria, Cedeno, Burnes, Woodruff, Guerra

This is exactly my roster as well. I would love to find a way to get Broxton on there... but I think the extra arm is needed.

c: Pina, Kratz

IF: Aguilar, Schoop, Shaw, Moustakas, Arcia, Perez

OF: Yelich, Braun, Cain, Granderson, Santana

SP: Miley, Gonzalez, Chacin, Peralta

RP: Jeffress, Knebel, Hader, Soria, Cedeno, Burnes, Woodruff, Guerra

This is exactly my roster as well. I would love to find a way to get Broxton on there... but I think the extra arm is needed.

Hard part is leaving Barnes off. It was close between him and Soria.

C: Kratz Pina

IF: Aguilar Shaw Arcia Moose Schoop Perez

OF: Yelich Cain Braun Granderson

SP: Miley, Davies, Chacin Peralta

RP: Jeffress Hader Knebal Soria Burnes Woodruff Guerra Cedeno Gio

Normally would start Gio over Davies but I'd rather have the righty going against Colorado. Game 2 could be utilized as a bullpen game

C: Kratz Pina

IF: Aguilar Shaw Arcia Moose Schoop Perez

OF: Yelich Cain Braun Granderson

SP: Miley, Davies, Chacin Peralta

RP: Jeffress Hader Knebal Soria Burnes Woodruff Guerra Cedeno Gio

Normally would start Gio over Davies but I'd rather have the righty going against Colorado. Game 2 could be utilized as a bullpen game

For me, it wasn't a close call to put Santana on the roster - I like having that third center fielder (OK, he's not the best defensively, but he's still an option). Davies has been hurt and of dubious effectiveness this year.

Archived