Brewer Fanatic

Postseason 25-Man Roster Prediction

obobo55new
  • Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see the logic in it. With one less bench bat this series, that final one needs to be a good one. I trust Santana at the plate more than Broxton.

Agreed. While it's been a down year he is able to make more contact than Keon.

I like it. When you already have Cain and Yelich, more defense in the outfield isn't as crucial as a decent PH, and when you're facing the Dodgers, it's not more important than an extra LHP reliever - especially with the likelihood of playing 5 games in 6 days. The Brewers' bullpen gets a lot of ground balls and strikeouts, and it's not even like the outfield defense is that bad with Braun in LF or with Santana, who made dramatic improvements this year on defense, in RF. I didn't want Broxton in the last series but could understand it. In this one, there's no way.

I'm glad Davies and Anderson are out. Didn't expect them anyway, but when Peralta didn't pitch last series at all, I was worried he would be out.

Was secretly hoping Schoop would be out, but they could be thin in the middle infield.

Cedeno added Broxton removed

Santana better not be useless in this series. I would have picked Brox over him. If Domingo is flailing away like he did against the Rockies, that removes his one positive over Brox.

...it was two at bats. (3 PA, he worked a walk). Jeesh.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Santana better not be useless in this series. I would have picked Brox over him. If Domingo is flailing away like he did against the Rockies, that removes his one positive over Brox.

Not to mention "flailing away" could have described a number of players in that series.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Also, if I recall correctly, if you go back and include one more game against the Cubs which was essentially a playoff game, he was the guy who came up with that huge 8th inning double to end up breaking the late tie.

I’m hoping for the best. But it’s the playoffs. Gotta make every at-bat count. His ABs are likely going to be in key spots.

Predicted Cedeno in, Guerra out....

Our bench is 5 deep (Santana, Granderso, Perez, Schoop, Pina). Guerra is guy #25 right now, I presume. My guess is that he is mop up duty in a game that is a blowout either way. That is saying something since he has pitched well out of the bullpen.

I am surprised Freddy made it and Davies didnt. I fear Freddy against lefties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Thought the Rockies were about an optimal fit to use Freddy for that series and was about the only team he would make it against and he still wasn't used. Very surprised he made the NLCS roster.

I am surprised Freddy made it and Davies didnt. I fear Freddy against lefties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Thought the Rockies were about an optimal fit to use Freddy for that series and was about the only team he would make it against and he still wasn't used. Very surprised he made the NLCS roster.

My theory is they're not 100% confident in Zach's health. Starting Gio leads to LAD lineups like today and then you have a good use for Peralta and Guerra for a few innings.

Archived